- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Infectious Diseases
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 585901, 4 pages
The Use of Albuterol in Young Infants Hospitalized with Acute RSV Bronchiolitis
1Department of Pediatrics, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
3Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Received 2 May 2012; Revised 12 July 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Academic Editor: Mary E. Marquart
Copyright © 2012 Michael T. Del Vecchio et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. E. Behrman, R. M. Kliegman, and H. B. Jenson, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 17th edition, 2004.
- P. S. Dayan, C. G. Roskind, D. A. Levine, and N. Kuppermann, “Controversies in the management of children with bronchiolitis,” Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 41–53, 2004.
- T. Reijonen, M. Korppi, S. Pitkakangas, S. Tenhola, and K. Remes, “The clinical efficacy of nebulized racemic epinephrine and albuterol in acute bronchiolitis,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 149, no. 6, pp. 686–692, 1995.
- A. Abul-Ainine and D. Luyt, “Short term effects of adrenaline in bronchiolitis: a randomised controlled trial,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 276–279, 2002.
- S. Schuh, G. Canny, J. J. Reisman et al., “Nebulized albuterol in acute bronchiolitis,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 117, no. 4, pp. 633–637, 1990.
- C. Wainwright, L. Altamirano, M. Cheney et al., “A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, controlled trial of nebulized epinephrine in infants with acute bronchiolitis,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 349, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 2003.
- M. E. B. Wohl and V. Chernick, “Treatment of acute bronchiolitis,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 349, no. 1, pp. 82–83, 2003.
- L. Hartling, R. M. Fernandes, L. Bialy et al., “Steroids and bronchodilators for acute bronchiolitis in the first two years of life: systematic review and meta-analysis,” British Medical Journal, vol. 342, no. 7801, article d1714, 2011.