- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 858959, 13 pages
Another Proof of the Faithfulness of the Lawrence-Krammer Representation of the Braid Group
Department of Mathematics, Beirut Arab University, P.O. Box 11-5020, Beirut 11072809, Lebanon
Received 16 March 2012; Accepted 6 May 2012
Academic Editors: P. Koshlukov, H. Li, S. Yang, and Y. Zhou
Copyright © 2012 Mohammad N. Abdulrahim and Mariam Hariri. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Birman, Braids, Links, and Mapping Class Groups, vol. 82, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1974.
- D. Krammer, “The braid group is linear,” Inventiones Mathematicae, vol. 142, no. 3, pp. 451–486, 2000.
- S. J. Bigelow, “Braid groups are linear,” Journal of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 471–486, 2001.
- D. Krammer, “Braid groups are linear,” Annals of Mathematics. Second Series, vol. 155, no. 1, pp. 131–156, 2002.
- R. D. Budney, “On the image of the Lawrence-Krammer representation,” Journal of Knot Theory and its Ramifications, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 773–789, 2005.
- M. N. Abdulrahim and M. Al-Tahan, “Complex specializations of Krammer's representation of the braid group, ,” Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 213–216, 2008.
- S. Albeverio and S. Rabanovich, “On a class of unitary representations of the braid groups and ,” Institute for Applied Mathematics, vol. 611, 2007.
- E. Artin, “Theorie der zöpfe,” Abhandlungen Aus Dem Mathematischen Seminar Der Universitat Hamburg, vol. 4, pp. 47–72, 1926.