- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 178925, 4 pages
Drop-In Group Medical Appointments for Patients with Asthma: A Four-Year Outcomes Study
Department of Allergy Immunology, Sansum Clinic, 215 Pesetas Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93110, USA
Received 17 February 2011; Accepted 1 April 2011
Academic Editors: B. F. Gibbs and T. A. Popov
Copyright © 2011 Myron Liebhaber et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Scott, G. Gade, M. B. McKenzie, and I. Venohr, “Cooperative health care clinics: a group approach to individual care,” Geriatrics, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 68–81, 1998.
- M. Trento, P. Passera, M. Tomalino, et al., “Group visits improve metabolic control in type 2 diabetes: a 2-year follow-up,” Diabetes Care, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 995–1000, 2001.
- M. Trento, P. Passera, E. Borgo et al., “A 5-Year randomized controlled study of learning, problem solving ability, and quality of life modifications in people with type 2 diabetes managed by group care,” Diabetes Care, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 670–675, 2004.
- M. Trento, P. Passera, M. Bajardi et al., “Lifestyle intervention by group care prevents deterioration of Type II diabetes: a 4-year randomized controlled clinical trial,” Diabetologia, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1231–1239, 2002.
- R. Jaber, A. Braksmajer, and J. Trilling, “Group visits for chronic illness care: models, benefits and challenges,” Family Practice Management, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 37–40, 2006.
- E. F. Juniper, G. H. Guyatt, R. S. Epstein, P. P. J. Ferrie, R. Jaeschke, and T. K. Hiller, “Evaluation of impairment of health related quality of life in asthma: development of a questionnaire for use in clinical trials,” Thorax, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 76–83, 1992.
- M. Schatz, C. A. Sorkness, J. T. Li, et al., “Asthma control test: reliability, validity, and responsiveness in patients not previously followed by asthma specialists,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 549–556, 2006.
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Guidelines for The Diagnosis and Management of Asthma, Expert Panel Report 2, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Md, USA, 1997.
- J. M. Baren, E. D. Boudreaux, B. E. Brenner et al., “Randomized controlled trial of emergency department interventions to improve primary care follow-up for patients with acute asthma,” Chest, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 257–265, 2006.
- American Medical Association, CPT 2008.
- E. A. Coleman, T. B. Eilertsen, A. M. Kramer, D. J. Magid, A. Beck, and D. Conner, “Reducing emergency visits in older adults with chronic illness. A randomized, controlled trial of group visits,” Effective Clinical Practice, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 49–57, 2001.