- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 576849, 7 pages
Dust Mites Population in Indoor Houses of Suspected Allergic Patients of South Assam, India
1Department of Botany, Rajiv Gandhi University, Rono Hills, Arunachal Pradesh, Doimukh 791112, India
2Department of Ecology and Environmental Science, Assam University, Dorgakona, Silchar 788011, Assam, India
3Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, CSIR, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
Received 17 February 2011; Accepted 7 April 2011
Academic Editors: A. Lorentz and B. M. Stadler
Copyright © 2011 Dhruba Sharma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Pepsy and C. N. Moria, “Mites and house dust allergy,” Lancet, vol. 1, pp. 1270–1272, 1968.
- S. T. Tilak, S. E. Jogdand, and N. I. Singh, “Allergy due to house dust mites,” Front Bot Sp, vol. 16, p. 52, 1994.
- W. F. Lyon, “House dust mites,” Ohio State University Extension Fact Sheet, HYG-2157-97, 1991.
- M. F. Potter, “House dust mites—introduction and medical importance,” http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology.
- P. Anand, “Dust mites as an offending allergen in nasobronchial allergy,” Aspect of Allergy and Applied Immunology, vol. 14, pp. 34–36, 1981.
- I. Hurtado and P. Mava, “House dust mites in Caracas, Venezuela,” Annals of Allergy, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 128–130, 1987.
- R. Voorhorst, F. M. Spieksma, and H. Varekamp, “House dust atopy and house dust mite,” in Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, vol. 159, Stagluo’s Scientific, Leiden, The Netherlands, 1969.
- Z. Peng, W. Xu, and F. E. Simons, “Highly sensitive and specific ELISA with monoclonal antibody capture to measure dermatophagoides farinae 1-specific IGE,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 274–278, 1998.
- D. N. Shivpuri and K. L. Dua, “Seasonal periodicity of house dust mite population,” Allergy and Applied Immunology, vol. 7, pp. 63–74, 1974.
- D. N. Shivpuri, “Comparative evaluation of the sensitivity of common methods of diagnostic antigen tests in patients of respiratory allergy,” Indian Journal of Chest Diseases, vol. 4, pp. 102–108, 1962.
- D .N. Shivpuri, “House dust mite allergy in India,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 5, pp. 19–35, 1977.
- G. K. Saha, “House-dust mite sensitivity among rural and urban asthmatics of West Bengal, India: a comparison,” Aerobiologia, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 9–273, 1997.
- G. K. Saha, “House dust mite allergy in Calcutta, India: evaluation by RAST,” Annals of Allergy, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 305–309, 1993.
- P. A. Mahesh, P. A. Kushalappa, D. Holla Amrutha, and P. K. Vedanthan, “House dust mite sensitivity is a factor in chronic urticaria,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 99–101, 2005.
- S. Shah and M. M. Bapat, “Improper window air-conditioning of home and occurrence of house dust mite allergen infestation in Mumbai City women,” Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 472–474, 2006.
- D . M. Tripathi and K. M. Parikh, “Mite fauna and other allergens present in the house dust in Bombay,” Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 1, pp. 147–151, 1983.
- AICPAHH, “Epidemiological and immunological studies,” 2000.
- M. J. Colloff and F. T. Spieksma, “Pictorial keys for the identification of domestic mites,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 823–830, 1992.
- R. S. Binotti, J. R. Muniz, I. A. Paschoal, A. P. do Prado, and C. H. Oliveira, “House dust mites in Brazil—an annotated bibliography,” Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 96, no. 8, pp. 1177–1184, 2001.
- “CRI Technical Bullation,” Dust mites (3/00),1997,pp. 1-2.
- A. Modak, G. K. Saha, N. Tandon, and S .K. Gupta, “Dust mite fauna in houses of bronchial asthma patients—a comparative study of three zones of West Bengal (India),” Entomon, vol. 16, pp. 115–120, 1991.
- M. Boquete, V. Iraola, and E. Fernandez-Caldas, “House dust mite species and allergen levels in Galicia, Spain: a cross-sectional, multicenter, comparative study,” Journal of Investigational Allergology and Clinical Immunology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 169–176, 2006.
- P. J. Vojta, S. P. Randels, and J. Stout, “Effects of physical interventions on house dust mite allergen levels in carpet, bed and upholstery dust in low-income, urban homes,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 109, no. 8, pp. 815–819, 2001.
- T. Hofter, “The necessary need for mattress cleaning: dust mites, asthma, allergies and allergens,” 2006, http://www.sterilmattress.com.
- “State of the environment technical report (2003) health and environment,” Tech. Rep., India, Pp. 217-226.
- M. D. Chapman, P. W. Heymann, and S. R. Wilkins, “Monoclonal immunoassays for major dust mite (Dermatophagoides) allergens, Der p I and Der f I, and quantitative analysis of the allergen content of mite and house dust extracts,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 184–194, 1987.
- F. Th. M. Spieksma , The house dust mite Dermatophogoides pteronyssinus Trouessart 1897, producer of the house dust allergen (Acri : Psroroptidae), Dissertation, Leiden University, 1967.
- R. Voorhorst, F. Th. M. Spieksma, H. Varekamp, M. T. Leupen, and A. W. Lyklema, “The house-dust mite (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus) and the allergens it produces. Identity with the house-dust allergen,” Journal of Allergy, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 325–339, 1967.
- R. Voorhorst, M. I. Spieksma, and F. Th. M. Spieksma, “Is a mite (Dermatophagoides sp.) the producer of the house dust allergen?” Allergie und Asthma, vol. 10, pp. 329–334, 1964.
- T. Miyamoto, S. Oshima, T. Ishizaki, and S. Sato, “Allergenic identity between the common floor mites (Dermatophagoides farinea) and house dust as a causative agent in bronchial asthma,” Journal of Allergy, vol. 42, p. 14, 1968.
- F. T. Spieksma and M. I. Spieksma-Boezeman, “The mite fauna of house dust with particular reference to the house-dust mite Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Trouessart, 1897) (Psoroptidae: Sarcoptiformes),” Acarologia, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 226–241, 1967.
- S.B Jogdand, Air spora at Aurangabad, Dissertation, Marathwara University, Aurangabad, India, 1987.
- E. C. Simplício, D. A. O. Silva, I. A. Braga, M. C. Sopelete, S. J. Sung, and E. A. Taketomi, “Mite and pet allergen exposure in hotels in Uberlândia, Midwestern Brazil,” Indoor Air, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 278–283, 2007.
- B. Andrews, A.C. Murray, and B .M. Farguson, “The seasonal variations of allergic respiratory symptoms induced by house dust mites,” Annals of Allergy, vol. 45, pp. 347–350, 1980.
- J. E. van Bronswijk, “Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Trouessary, 1897) in mattress and floor dust in a temperate climate (Acari: Pyroglyphidae),” Journal of Medical Entomology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 63–70, 1973.