- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 790382, 7 pages
Spectrophotometric Determination of Zolmitriptan in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceuticals Using Vanillin as a Reagent
Department of Chemistry, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, Karnataka 570006, India
Received 25 February 2013; Accepted 25 March 2013
Academic Editors: T. Macko and A. Przyjazny
Copyright © 2013 Kudige N. Prashanth et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Kilic, T. Ozden, S. Toptan, and S. Ozilhan, “Simultaneous LC-MS-MS determination of zolmitriptan and its active metabolite N-desmethylzolmitriptan in human plasma,” Chromatographia, vol. 66, pp. S129–S133, 2007.
- E. M. Clement and M. Franklin, “Simultaneous measurement of zolmitriptan and its major metabolites N-desmethylzolmitriptan and zolmitriptan N-oxide in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography with coulometric detection,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 766, no. 2, pp. 339–343, 2002.
- J. Yao, Y. Qu, X. Zhao et al., “Determination of zolmitriptan in human plasma by high performance liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry and study on its pharmacokinetics,” Journal of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 25–28, 2005.
- Z. Zhang, F. Xu, Y. Tian, W. Li, and G. Mao, “Quantification of zolmitriptan in plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 813, no. 1-2, pp. 227–233, 2004.
- D. Wang, D. S. Ouyang, Z. R. Tan et al., “HPLC-MS determination of zolmitriptan in human plasma and research of its bioequivalence,” Chinese Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 171–173, 2007.
- H. H. Zhou, X. J. Peng, Z. R. Tan, D. S. Ouyang, L. J. Liu, and L. L. Dai, “LC-MS/MS determination of zolmitriptan and its active metabolite N-desmethyl-zolmitriptan in human plasma,” Chinese Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1407–1411, 2010.
- X. Chen, D. Liu, Y. Luan, F. Jin, and D. Zhong, “Determination of zolmitriptan in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method: application to a pharmacokinetic study,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 832, no. 1, pp. 30–35, 2006.
- E. K. S. Vijayakumar, M. A. Samel, S. B. Bhalekar, and S. M. Pakhale, “A new stability indicating HPLC method for related substances in zolmitriptan,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 119–122, 2010.
- M. M. Annapurna and B. Nanda, “Validated RP method for the determination of zolmitriptan—a serotonin 5-HT receptor agonist,” Journal of Pharmacy and Nutrition Sciences, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 9–14, 2011.
- D. G. Sankar, A. Nagesh Babu, A. Rajeshwari, and M. Vamsi Krishna, “Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of zolmitriptan in tablet dosage forms,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 5019–5022, 2009.
- M. K. Srinivasu, B. M. Rao, G. Sridhar, P. R. Kumar, K. B. Chandrasekhar, and A. Islam, “A validated chiral LC method for the determination of Zolmitriptan and its potential impurities,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 453–460, 2005.
- P. V. Sagar, D. Kumar, S. Dey, and H. B. Samal, “Simultaneous estimation of rizatriptan, sumatriptan and zolmitriptan by RP-HPLC method in bulk,” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 2930–2933, 2010.
- M. Induri, R. M. Bhagavan, P. Y. Rajendra, R. K. Pavankumar, R. Boddu, and R. Sarva, “A validated RP-HPLC method for the quantification of zolmitriptan in tablet dosage form,” Der Pharma Chemica, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 351–357, 2010.
- D. Rambabu, B. Bhoomaiah, R. S. C. Phani, and K. B. Krishna, “Validated RP-HPLC method for the estimation of Zolmitriptan in formulation,” Pharmacophore, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 150–155, 2011.
- N. U. Rani, R. S. Rao, K. Saraswathi, and T. E. G. K. Murthy, “Development and validation of LC method for the estimation of Zolmitriptan in pharmaceutical dosage form,” Pharmacophore, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 195–200, 2011.
- Y. K. Reddy, G. V. S. Reddy, and K. N. Jayaveera, “A new stability indicating RP-UPLC method for related substances in zolmitriptan,” African Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 50–62, 2011.
- B. M. Rao, M. K. Srinivasu, G. Sridhar, P. R. Kumar, K. B. Chandrasekhar, and A. Islam, “A stability indicating LC method for zolmitriptan,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 39, no. 3-4, pp. 503–509, 2005.
- B. Uslu and D. Canbaz, “Anodic voltammetry of zolmitriptan at boron-doped diamond electrode and its analytical applications,” Pharmazie, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 245–250, 2010.
- S. K. Acharjya, M. E. B. Rao, B. V. V. R. Kumar, and M. M. Annapurna, “UV-spectrophotometric methods for the determination of zolmitriptan in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms,” Journal of Advanced Scientific Research, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 42–47, 2011.
- T. E. G. K. Murthy and K. Veditha, “Spectrophotometric estimation of zolmitriptan,” Indian Pharmacist, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 57–60, 2011.
- D. G. Sankar, A. N. Babu, A. Rajeswari, M. V. Krishna, and K. V. Devi, “Spectrophotometric determination of zolmitriptan in pharmaceutical dosage forms,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 4960–4962, 2008.
- A. Raza, T. M. Ansari, and S. B. Niazi, “A novel spectrophotometric method for the determination of zolmitriptan in pharmaceutical formulations,” Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1413–1417, 2007.
- Z. Aydogmus and I. Inanli, “Extractive spectrophotometric methods for determination of zolmitriptan in tablets,” Journal of AOAC International, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 1237–1241, 2007.
- B. L. Joseph and R. B. Wallace, “Condensations of secondary amines with aldehydes and naphthols,” Journal of American Chemical Society, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1655–1659, 1930.
- M. A. Youngman and S. L. Dax, “Solidphase Mannich condensation of amines, aldehydes, and alkynes: investigation of diverse aldehyde inputs,” Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 469–472, 2001.
- O. Z. Devi, K. Basavaiah, K. B. Vinay, and H. D. Revanasiddappa, “Sensitive spectrophotometric determination of metoclopramide hydrochloride in dosage forms and spiked human urine using vanillin,” Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2011.
- “Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, ICH Harmonized Guideline, Q2 (R1), complementary guideline on methodology, London, UK, November 1996.