- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 430432, 13 pages
Unsteady Reversed Stagnation-Point Flow over a Flat Plate
Department of Electromechanical Engineering, University of Macau, Taipa 999078, Macau
Received 6 March 2012; Accepted 30 April 2012
Academic Editors: I. Hashim, G. Liu, and P. Weidman
Copyright © 2012 Vai Kuong Sin and Chon Kit Chio. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Hiemenz, “Die Grenzschicht an einem in den gleichförmigen Flüssigkeitsstrom eingetauchten geraden Kreiszylinder,” Dingler's Polytechnic Journal, vol. 326, pp. 321–410, 1911.
- L. Howarth, “CXLIV. The boundary layer in three dimensional flow. Part II. The flow near a stagnation point,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 42, no. 335, pp. 1433–1440, 1951.
- A. Davey, “Boundary-layer flow at a saddle point of attachment,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 10, pp. 593–610, 1961.
- C. Wang, “The unsteady oblique stagnation point flow,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 28, pp. 2046–2049, 1985.
- I. Proudman and K. Johnson, “Boundary-layer growth near a rear stagnation point,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 161–168, 1962.
- A. Robins and J. Howarth, “Boundary-layer development at a two dimensional rear stagnation point,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 161–171, 1972.
- S. H. Smith, “The development of the boundary layer at a rear stagnation point,” Journal of Engineering Mathematics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 139–144, 1977.
- A. Shapiro, “An analytical solution of the navier-stokes equations for unsteady backward stagnation-point flow with injection or suction,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 281–290, 2006.
- V. K. Sin and C. K. Chio, “Computation of non-isothermal reversed stagnation-point flow over a flat plate,” in Computational Simulations and Applications, pp. 159–174, InTech, 2011.
- F. White, Fluid Mechanics, 5th edition, 2003.
- D. Zwillinger, Handbook of Differential Equations, Academic Press, 1998.
- L. F. Shampine, I. Gladwell, and S. Thompson, Solving ODEs with MATLAB, Cambridge University Press, 2003.