- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 316913, 10 pages
A Novel Web Classification Algorithm Using Fuzzy Weighted Association Rules
1Department of BCA, Marian College, Kuttikkanam, Kerala, India
2Department of Information Technology, Kannur University, Kannur, Kerala, India
Received 30 September 2013; Accepted 20 October 2013
Academic Editors: J. García, J. A. Hernandez, and L. Mikhailov
Copyright © 2013 Binu Thomas and G. Raju. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Han, M. Kamber, and J. Pei, Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, Morgan Kaufmann, 2006.
- B. Liu, W. Hsu, and Y. Ma, “Integrating classification and association rule mining,” in Proceedings of the Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD '98), pp. 80–86, AAAI, 1999.
- W. Jicheng, H. Yuan, W. Gangshan, and Z. Fuyan, “Web mining: knowledge discovery on the web,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics ‘Human Communication and Cybernetics’, vol. 2, pp. 137–141, October 1999.
- B. Mobasher, R. Cooley, and J. Srivastava, “Automatic personalization based on web usage mining,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 142–151, 2000.
- A. Srivastava, A. Bhosale, and S. Sural, “Speeding up web access using weighted association rules,” Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3776, pp. 660–665, 2005.
- J. Srivastava, R. Cooley, and P.-N. Tan, “Web usage mining: discovery and applications of usage patterns from Web data,” ACM SIGKDD Explorations Newsletter, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 12–23, 2000.
- R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Fast algorithms for mining association rules,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '94), pp. 487–499, Morgan Kaufmann, 1994.
- R. Kosala and H. Blockeel, “Web mining research: a survey,” ACM SIGKDD Explorations Newsletter, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2000.
- A. Abraham, “Business intelligence from web usage mining,” Journal of Information & Knowledge Management, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 375–390, 2003.
- W. Wang, J. Yang, and S. Philip, “Efficient mining of weighted association rules (WAR),” in Proceedings of the 6th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD '00), pp. 270–274, August 2000.
- M. S. Khan, M. Muyeba, C. Tjortjis, and F. Coenen, “An effective fuzzy healthy association rule mining algorithm (FHARM),” databases, vol. 4, no. 5, article 14, 2006.
- M. Muyeba, M. S. Khan, and F. Coenen, “Effective mining of weighted fuzzy association rules,” Computer, vol. 90, 9 pages, 2010.
- S. K. Pal, V. Talwar, and P. Mitra, “Web mining in soft computing framework: relevance, state of the art and future directions,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1163–1177, 2002.
- M. Muyeba, M. S. Khan, and F. Coenen, “Fuzzy weighted association rule mining with weighted support and confidence framework,” New Frontiers in Applied Data Mining Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5433, pp. 312–320, 2009.
- F. Karel, Quantitative association rules mining—department of cybernetics [Ph.D. thesis], 2012, http://cyber.felk.cvut.cz/phd/completed/KAREL-phd%2012_2009.pdf.
- W. Wang, J. Yang, and S. Philip, “WAR: weighted association rules for item intensities,” Knowledge and Information Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 203–229, 2004.
- K. R. Suneetha and R. Krishnamoorti, “Web log mining using improved version of apriori algorithm,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 23–27, 2011.
- B. S. Kumar and K. V. Rukmani, “Implementation of web usage mining using Apriori and FP Growth algorithms,” International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, vol. 400, pp. 400–404, 2010.
- A. A. Bin Ramli, “Web usage mining using apriori algorithm: UUM learning care portal case,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Knowledge Management, pp. 212–220, 2001.
- C. Haruechaiyasak, M.-L. Shyu, S.-C. Chen, and X. Li, “Web document classification based on fuzzy association,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Computer Software and Applications Conference, pp. 487–492, August 2002.
- A. Srivastava, A. Bhosale, and S. Sural, “Speeding up web access using weighted association rules,” in Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, pp. 660–665, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- S. K. Palanisamy, Association rule based classification [Ph.D. thesis], Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 2006.
- J. Pei, J. Han, B. Mortazavi, and H. Zhu:, “Mining access patterns efficiently from web logs,” in Proceedings of the 4th PAKDD, pp. 396–407, Kyoto, Japan, 2000.