- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Astronomy and Astrophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 178561, 6 pages
A Nonaxisymmetric Solution of Einstein’s Equations Featuring Pure Radiation from a Rotating Source
1Mathematics and Statistics Department, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
221 Rowbank Way, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 4AJ, UK
Received 7 January 2012; Accepted 8 February 2012
Academic Editors: H. Dehnen and N. Fornengo
Copyright © 2012 William Davidson. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Robinson and J. R. Robinson, “Vacuum metrics without symmetry,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 2, pp. 231–242, 1969.
- I. Robinson, A. Schild, and H. Strauss, “A generalized Reissner-Nordström solution,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 243–245, 1969.
- P. C. Vaidya, “The external field of a radiating star in general relativity,” Current Science, vol. 12, no. 6, p. 183, 1943.
- D. Kramer, “Gravitational field of a rotating radiating source,” in Proceedings of the Tezisy 3rd Soviet gravitation conference, p. 321, Yerevan, USSR, 1972.
- P. C. Vaidya and L. K. Patel, “Radiating Kerr metric,” Physical Review D, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 3590–3593, 1973.
- R. P. Kerr, “Gravitational field of a spinning mass as an example of algebraically special metrics,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 237–238, 1963.
- E. Herlt, “Kerr-Schild-Vaidya fields with axial symmetry,” General Relativity and Gravitation, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 1980.
- G. C. Debney, R. P. Kerr, and A. Schild, “Solutions of the Einstein and Einstein-Maxwell equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1842–1854, 1969.
- J. Lewandowski and P. Nurowski, “Algebraically special twisting gravitational fields and CR structures,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 7, no. 3, Article ID 007, pp. 309–328, 1990.
- J. Tafel, P. Nurowski, and J. Lewandowski, “Pure radiation field solutions of the Einstein equations,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 8, pp. L83–L88, 1991.
- J. Lewandowski, P. Nurowski, and J. Tafel, “Algebraically special solutions of the Einstein equations with pure radiation fields,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 8, no. 3, article no. 009, pp. 493–501, 1991.
- A. M. Grundland and J. Tafel, “Group invariant solutions to the Einstein equations with pure radiation fields,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 10, no. 11, article no. 016, pp. 2337–2345, 1993.
- I. Robinson and A. Trautman, “Some spherical gravitational waves in general relativity,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 265, pp. 463–473, 1962.
- D. Kramer and U. Hähner, “A rotating pure radiation field,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 12, no. 9, article no. 015, pp. 2287–2296, 1995.
- H. Stephani, “A method to generate algebraically special pure radiation field solutions from the vacuum,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 12, no. 7, article no. 021, pp. 1045–1049, 1979.
- H. Stephani, D. Kramer, M. A. H. MacCallum, C. Hoenselaers, and E. Herlt, Exact Solutions of Einstein’s Field Equations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2003.
- C. W. Misner, K. S. Thorne, and J. A. Wheeler, Gravitation, W. H. Freeman and Co., San Franscisco, Calif, USA, 1973.
- J. M. Cohen, “Angular momentum and the Kerr metric,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 9, pp. 905–906, 1968.