- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 872956, 6 pages
Constrained Parameters in Applications: Review of Issues and Approaches
Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Received 6 January 2012; Accepted 23 February 2012
Academic Editors: J. Chow and J. Crezee
Copyright © 2012 Leonid Kopylev. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. R. Cox and D. V. Hinkley, Theoretical statistics, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1974.
- S. G. Self and K.-Y. Liang, “Asymptotic properties of maximum likelihood estimators and likelihood ratio tests under nonstandard conditions,” Journal of American Statistical Association, vol. 82, no. 398, pp. 605–610, 1987.
- D. L. Eaton and C. D. Klaassen, “Principles of Toxicology,” in Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons, Doull and Casarett, Eds., McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 2001.
- K. S. Crump, “A new method for determining allowable daily intakes,” Fundamental and Applied Toxicology, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 854–871, 1984.
- K. S. Crump, H. A. Guess, and K. L. Deal, “Confidence intervals and test of hypotheses concerning dose response relations inferred from animal carcinogenicity data,” Biometrics, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 437–451, 1977.
- G. Molenberghs and G. Verbeke, “Likelihood ratio, score, and wald tests in a constrained parameter space,” American Statistician, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 2007.
- A. Dominicus, A. Skrondal, H. K. Gjessing, N. L. Pedersen, and J. Palmgren, “Likelihood ratio tests in behavioral genetics: problems and solutions,” Behavior Genetics, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 331–340, 2006.
- H. Chernoff, “On the distribution of the likelihood ratio,” Annals of Mathematical Statistics, vol. 25, pp. 573–578, 1954.
- P. I. Feder, “On the distribution of the log likelihood ratio test statistic when the true parameter is “near” the boundaries of the hypothesis regions,” Annals of Mathematical Statistics, vol. 39, pp. 2044–2055, 1968.
- P. A. P. Moran, “Maximum-likelihood estimation in non-standard conditions,” Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 70, pp. 441–450, 1971.
- D. Chant, “On asymptotic tests of composite hypotheses in nonstandard conditions,” Biometrika, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 291–298, 1974.
- B. Sinha, L. Kopylev, and J. Fox, “Some new aspects of dose-response multistage models with applications,” UMBC technical report, 2009, http://www.math.umbc.edu/~kogan/technical_papers/2007/Sinha_Kopylev_Fox.pdf.
- L. Kopylev and B. Sinha, “On the asymptotic distribution of likelihood ratio test when parameters lie on the boundary,” Sankhya B, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 20–41, 2011.
- A. J. Bailer and R. J. Smith, “Estimating upper confidence limits for extra risk in quantal multistage models,” Risk Analysis, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1001–1010, 1994.
- A. E. Gelfand, A. F. M. Smith, and T.-M. Lee, “Bayesian analysis of constrained parameter and truncated data problems using Gibbs sampling,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 87, no. 418, pp. 523–532, 1992.
- D. B. Dunson and B. Neelon, “Bayesian inference on order-constrained parameters in generalized linear models,” Biometrics, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 286–295, 2003.
- C. Hans and D. B. Dunson, “Bayesian inferences on umbrella orderings,” Biometrics, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 1018–1026, 2005.
- P. M. Visscher, “A note on the asymptotic distribution of likelihood ratio tests to test variance components,” Twin Research and Human Genetics, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 490–495, 2006.
- K. Meyer, “Likelihood calculations to evaluate experimental designs to estimate genetic variances,” Heredity, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 212–221, 2008.
- R. D. Stoel, F. G. Garre, C. Dolan, and G. Van Den Wittenboer, “On the likelihood ratio test in structural equation modeling when parameters are subject to boundary constraints,” Psychological Methods, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 439–455, 2006.