- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 709171, 6 pages
Comprehensive Simple Model on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
1Centro de Análisis de Procesos, Universidad Central “Marta Abreu” de las Villas, Carretera a Camajuaní Km 5.5, Villa Clara, 54830 Santa Clara, Cuba
2Departamento de Ingeniería Química, Universidad Central “Marta Abreu” de las Villas, Carretera a Camajuaní Km5.5, Villa Clara, 54830 Santa Clara, Cuba
3Research Group ENVOC, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
4Departamento de Química, Universidad Central “Marta Abreu” de las Villas, Carretera a Camajuaní Km 5.5, Villa Clara, 54830 Santa Clara, Cuba
Received 2 April 2012; Accepted 24 April 2012
Academic Editors: M. Assael and J. A. González
Copyright © 2012 Luis E. Arteaga-Pérez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. H. Hirschenhofer, D. B. Stauffer, R. R. Engleman, and M. G. Klett, Fuel Cells Handbook, EG>echnical Services, National Energy Technology Laboratory, P.O, 6th edition, 2002.
- S. B. Beale, S. V. Zhubrin, and W. Dong, A Numerical Study of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, National Research Council, Canada, 2002.
- H. Yakabe, T. Ogiwara, M. Hishinuma, and M. I. Yasuda, “3-D model calculation for planar SOFC,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 102, no. 1-2, pp. 144–154, 2001.
- A. Lygre and J. Byrkne, “Solid oxide fuel cell power plants with integrated CO2 capture,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Nordic Minisymposium on Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage, Gothenburg, Sweden, October 2001.
- U. Pasaogullari and C.-W. Wang, Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Electrochemical Engine Center, and Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 2004.
- B. Thorud, Dynamic modelling and characterization of a solid oxide fuel cell integrated in a gas turbine cycle [Doctoral Thesis], Department of Energy and Process Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 2005.
- B. Baukje de, SOFC Anode: Hydrogen Oxidation at Porous Nickel and Nickel/yttria Stabilized Zirconia Cermet Electrodes, The Netherlands, 1998.
- A. Atkinson, S. Barnett, R. J. Gorte et al., “Advanced anodes for high-temperature fuel cells,” Nature Materials, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 17–27, 2004.
- M. Ni, M. K. H. Leung, and D. Y. C. Leung, “Parametric study of solid oxide fuel cell performance,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1525–1535, 2007.
- F. Jabbari, “Dynamic modeling and control of fuel cell hybrid system,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Annual DOE/U.N Hybrid Conference and Workshop, May 2003.
- M. Ni, M. K. Leung, and D. Y. Leung, “Parametric study of solid oxide fuel cell performance,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 48, pp. 1525–1535, 2007.
- C. F. Curtiss and R. B. Bird, “Multicomponent diffusion,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 2515–2522, 1999.
- B. Bird, W. E. Stewart, and E. Lightfoot, Fenómenos de Transporte, Barcelona, España, 1992.
- E. A. Mason and A. P. Malinauskas, Gas Transport in Porous Media: The Dusty-Gas Model, Elsevier, 1983.
- K. Nakayama, Introduction to Fluid Mechanics, Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford, UK, 1988.
- R. Brodkey and H. Hershey, Transport Phenomena. A unified Approach, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1988.
- J. R. Ferguson, J. M. Fiard, and R. Herbin, “Three-dimensional numerical simulation of various geometries of solid oxide fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 109–122, 1996.
- L. E. Arteaga, Y. Casas, L. M. Peralta, V. Kafarov, P. Giunta, and J. Dewulf, “An auto-sustainable solid oxide fuel cell system fueled by bio-ethanol: process simulation and heat exchanger network synthesis,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 242–251, 2009.
- F. Calise, A. Palombo, and L. Vanoli, “Design and partial load exergy analysis of hybrid SOFC-GT power plant,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 225–244, 2006.
- W. Triaca, Hidrógeno: Almacenador Y Transportador de Energía, INIFTA, Academia Nacional de Lngeniería, Argentina, 2004.
- J. Wang, Analytical Electrochemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition, 2000.