- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 391813, 6 pages
Factorization of the -Electron Wave Function in the Kondo Ground State
Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0484, USA
Received 12 July 2012; Accepted 13 September 2012
Academic Editors: C. Trallero-Giner and V. H. Tran
Copyright © 2012 Gerd Bergmann. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. W. Anderson, “Infrared catastrophe in fermi gases with local scattering potentials,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 18, no. 24, pp. 1049–1051, 1967.
- J. Friedel, “Electronic structure of primary solid solutions in metals,” Advances in Physics, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 446–507, 1954.
- J. Friedel, “On some electrical and magnetic properties of metallic solid solutions,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 1190–1211, 1956.
- J. Friedel, “Metallic alloys,” Nuovo Cimento, vol. 7, pp. 287–311, 1958.
- J. Friedel, “Sur la structure électronique des métaux et alliages de transition et des métaux lourds,” Journal de Physique et Le Radium, vol. 19, pp. 573–581, 1958.
- P. W. Anderson, “Localized magnetic states in metals,” Physical Review, vol. 124, pp. 41–53, 1961.
- W. Brenig and K. Schönhammer, “On the theory of chemisorption,” Zeitschrift für Physik, vol. 267, no. 3, pp. 201–208, 1974.
- D. E. Logan, M. P. Eastwood, and M. A. Tusch, “A local moment approach to the Anderson model,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 2673–2700, 1998.
- G. Bergmann, “Density of states in the magnetic ground state of the Friedel-Anderson impurity,” The European Physical Journal B, vol. 75, pp. 497–504, 2010.
- A. C. Hewson, The Kondo Problem To Heavy Fermions, Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- A. Weichselbaum, W. Münder, and J. V. Delft, “Anderson orthogonality and the numerical renormalization group,” Physical Review B, vol. 84, no. 7, Article ID 075137, 9 pages, 2011.
- G. Bergmann and R. S. Thompson, “Numerical calculation of the fidelity for the Kondo and the Friedel-Anderson impurities,” The European Physical Journal B, vol. 84, pp. 273–281, 2011.
- P. B. Wiegmann, In Quantum Theory of Solids, Edited by I.M. Lifshitz, MIR Publishers, Moscow, Russia, 1982.
- P. Schlottmann, “Some exact results for dilute mixed-valent and heavy-fermion systems,” Physics Reports, vol. 181, pp. 1–119, 1989.
- K. G. Wilson, “The renormalization group: critical phenomena and the Kondo problem,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 773–840, 1975.
- H. R. Krishna-murthy, J. W. Wilkins, and K. G. Wilson, “Renormalization-group approach to the Anderson model of dilute magnetic alloys. I. Static properties for the symmetric case,” Physical Review B, vol. 21, pp. 1003–1043, 1980.
- G. Bergmann, “A new many-body solution of the Friedel resonance problem,” Zeitschrift Für Physik B, vol. 102, pp. 381–383, 1997.
- G. Bergmann, “Compact approximate solution to the Friedel-Anderson impurity problem,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, no. 14, Article ID 144420, 9 pages, 2006.
- G. Bergmann and L. Zhang, “Compact approximate solution to the Kondo problem,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, Article ID 064401, 2007.
- G. Bergmann, “Quantitative calculation of the spatial extension of the Kondo cloud,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 10, Article ID 104401, 12 pages, 2008.
- G. Bergmann and Y. Tao, “Oscillations of the magnetic polarization in a Kondo system at finite magnetic fields,” The European Physical Journal B, vol. 73, pp. 95–101, 2010.
- Y. Tao and G. Bergmann, “Friedel oscillation about a Friedel-Anderson impurity,” The European Physical Journal B, vol. 85, no. 1, article 42, 2012.
- G. Bergmann, “Critical analysis of the mean-field approximation for the calculation of the magnetic moment in the Friedel-Anderson impurity model,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, Article ID 092418, 2006.
- G. Bergmann, “A Compact treatment of singular impurities using the artificial friedel resonance (FAIR) method,” Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, vol. 25, pp. 609–625, 2012.
- P. Nozieres, “A fermi-liquid description of the Kondo problem a low temperature,” Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol. 17, pp. 31–42, 1974.