- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Communications and Networking
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 201314, 11 pages
Window-Based Popularity Caching for IPTV On-Demand Services
Department of Multimedia Applications Laboratory, Chunghwa Telecom Laboratories, Taoyuan 32601, Taiwan
Received 16 June 2011; Accepted 25 July 2011
Academic Editor: M. Maier
Copyright © 2011 Hsuan Chiu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Thouin and M. Coates, “Video-on-demand networks: design approaches and future challenges,” IEEE Network, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 42–48, 2007.
- Y. F. Chen, Y. Huang, R. Jana et al., “Towards capacity and profit optimization of video-on-demand services in a peer-assisted IPTV platform,” Multimedia Systems, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 19–32, 2009.
- L. Breslau, C. Pei, F. Li, G. Phillips, and S. Shenker, “Web caching and Zipf-like distributions: evidence and implications,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '99), vol. 1, pp. 126–134, New York, NY, USA, March 1999.
- L. Shi, Z. Gu, L. Wei, and Y. Shi, “An applicative study of Zipf's law on web cache,” International Journal of Information Technology, vol. 12, pp. 49–57, 2006.
- T. Qiu, Z. Ge, S. Lee, J. Wang, J. Xu, and Q. Zhao, “Modeling user activities in a large IPTV system,” in Proceedings of the Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGCOMM Conference on Internet Measurement Conference (IMC '09 ), pp. 430–441, ACM, Chicago, Ill, USA, 2009.
- M. Verhoeyen, D. De Vleeschauwer, and D. Robinson, “Content storage architectures for boosted IPTV service,” Bell Labs Technical Journal, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 29–44, 2008.
- D. De Vleeschauwer and K. Laevens, “Performance of caching algorithms for IPTV on-demand services,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 55, pp. 491–501, 2009.
- L. W. Dowdy and D. V. Foster, “Comparative models of the file assignment problem,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 287–313, 1982.
- R. L. Graham, “Bounds on multiprocessing timing anomalies,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 416–429, 1969.
- L. W. Lee, P. Scheuermann, and R. Vingralek, “File assignment in parallel I/O systems with minimal variance of service time,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 127–140, 2000.
- C. Pei and I. Sandy, “Cost-aware WWW proxy caching algorithms,” in Proceedings of the USENIX Symposium on Internet Technologies and Systems, USENIX Association, Monterey, Calif, USA, December 1997.
- F. Thouin, M. Coates, and D. Goodwill, “Video-on-demand equipment allocation,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA '06), pp. 103–110, Cambridge, Mass, USA, July 2006.
- A. Nimkar, C. Mandal, and C. Reade, “Video placement and disk load balancing algorithm for VoD proxy server,” in Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Internet Multimedia Services Architecture and Applications (IMSAA '09), pp. 1–6, Bangalore, India, December 2009.
- L. B. Sofman, B. Krogfoss, and A. Agrawal, “U-turn caching optimization in IPTV networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sarnoff Symposium (SARNOFF '09), pp. 1–5, Princeton, NJ, USA, April 2009.
- S. Borst, V. Gupta, and A. Walid, “Distributed caching algorithms for content distribution networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1–9, San Diego, Calif, USA, March 2010.
- L. B. Sofman and B. Krogfoss, “Analytical model for hierarchical cache optimization in IPTV network,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 62–70, 2009.
- N. Jian, D. H. K. Tsang, I. S. H. Yeung, and H. Xiaojun, “Hierarchical content routing in large-scale multimedia content delivery network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '03), vol. 2, pp. 854–859, May 2003.