- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 246542, 6 pages
Basal Cell Carcinoma: A Single-Center Experience
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, 40000 Ankara, Turkey
Received 26 November 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editors: W. Vanscheidt and A. Zalewska
Copyright © 2012 Ozan Luay Abbas and Huseyin Borman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Pinkus, “Premalignant fibroepithelial tumors of skin,” Archives of Dermatology and Syphilology, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 598–615, 1953.
- A. Jemal, T. Murray, A. Samuels, A. Ghafoor, E. Ward, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics, 2003,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 5–26, 2003.
- R. I. Zbar and W. I. Cottle, “Skin tumors I: nonmelanoma skin tumors,” Selected Readings in Plastic Surgery, vol. 9, article 5, 2000.
- H. F. Blum, “Sunlight as a causal factor in cancer of the skin of man,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 247–258, 1948.
- H. M. Gloster and D. G. Brodland, “The epidemiology of skin cancer,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 217–226, 1996.
- A. J. J. Emmett, W. Austin, and G. Page, The Bare Fact: The Effect of Sun on Skin, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1988.
- B. Modan, H. Mart, D. Baidatz, et al., “Radiation induced head and neck tumours,” The Lancet, vol. 303, no. 7852, pp. 277–279, 1974.
- S. S. Strom and Y. Yamamura, “Epidemiology of nonmelanoma skin cancer,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, vol. 24, pp. 627–636, 1997.
- L. B. Shanoff, M. Spira, and S. B. Hardy, “Basal cell carcinoma: a statistical approach to rational management,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 619–624, 1967.
- T. R. Wade and A. B. Ackerman, “The many faces of basal-cell carcinoma,” Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, vol. 4, pp. 23–28, 1978.
- M. Sexton, D. B. Jones, and M. E. Maloney, “Histologic pattern analysis of basal cell carcinoma: study of a series of 1039 consecutive neoplasms,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 23, no. 6 I, pp. 1118–1126, 1990.
- E. B. Russell, P. R. Carrington, and B. R. Smoller, “Basal cell carcinoma: a comparison of shave biopsy versus punch biopsy techniques in subtype diagnosis,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 69–71, 1999.
- R. P. Pascal, L. W. Hobby, R. Lattes, et al., “Prognosis of “incompletely excised” versus “completely excised” basal cell carcinoma,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 328–332, 1968.
- D. L. Shriner, D. K. McCoy, D. J. Goldberg, et al., “Mohs' micrographic surgery,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 79–97, 1998.
- C. M. Lawrence, “Mohs' micrographic surgery for basal cell carcinoma,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 130–133, 1999.
- M. Anscher and G. Montano, “Radiotherapy,” Survey of Ophthalmology, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 203–212, 1993.
- A. J. J. Emmett, “Basal cell carcinoma,” in Malignant Skin Tumors, A. J. J. Emmett and M. G. E. O'Rourke, Eds., pp. 109–127, Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, UK, 2nd edition, 1991.
- T. Dieu and A. M. Macleod, “Incomplete excision of basal cell carcinomas: a retrospective audit,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 219–221, 2002.
- J. D. Richmond and R. M. Davie, “The significance of incomplete excision in patients with basal cell carcinoma,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 63–67, 1987.
- R. W. Griffiths, “Audit of histologically incompletely excised basal cell carcinomas: recommendations for management by re-excision,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 24–28, 1999.
- L. A. E. Sussman and D. F. Liggins, “Incompletely excised basal cell carcinoma: a management dilemma?” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 276–278, 1996.
- A. S. Y. Mak, A. M. S. Poon, C. Y. Leung, K. H. Kwan, T. T. Wong, and M. K. Tung, “Audit of basal cell carcinoma in Princess Margaret Hospital, Hong Kong: usefulness of frozen section examination in surgical treatment,” Scandinavian Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 149–152, 1995.
- F. Schreuder and B. W. Powell, “Incomplete excision of basal cell carcinomas: an audit,” Clinical Performance and Quality Health Care, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 119–120, 1999.
- J. J. Rippey and E. Rippey, “Characteristics of incompletely excised basal cell carcinomas of the skin,” Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 166, no. 11, pp. 581–583, 1997.
- D. J. Hauben, H. Zirkin, D. Mahler, and M. Sacks, “The biologic behavior of basal cell carcinoma: analysis of recurrence in excised basal cell carcinoma: part II,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 110–116, 1982.
- M. Hussain and M. J. Earley, “The incidence of incomplete excision in surgically treated basal cell carcinoma: a retrospective clinical audit,” Irish Medical Journal, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 18–20, 2003.
- A. Bogdanov-Berezovsky, A. Cohen, R. Glesinger, E. Cagnano, Y. Krieger, and L. Rosenberg, “Clinical and pathological findings in reexcision of incompletely excised basal cell carcinomas,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 299–302, 2001.
- D. P. Goldberg, “Assessment and surgical treatment of basal cell skin cancer,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 673–686, 1997.
- R. E. Grimwood, C. F. Ferris, D. B. Mercill, and J. C. Huff, “Proliferating cells of human basal cell carcinoma are located on the periphery of tumor nodules,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 191–194, 1986.
- H. W. Randle, “Basal cell carcinoma: identification and treatment of the high risk patient,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 255–261, 1996.