- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 679619, 4 pages
Cutaneous Manifestations in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease on Maintenance Hemodialysis
1Department of Nephrology, Narayana Medical College Hospital, Chinthareddypalem, Nellore 524002, India
2Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Narayana Medical College Hospital, Chinthareddypalem, Nellore 524002, India
3Department of Radiology, Narayana Medical College Hospital, Chinthareddypalem, Nellore 524002, India
4Department of Dermatology, Narayana Medical College Hospital, Chinthareddypalem, Nellore 524002, India
Received 10 April 2012; Accepted 16 May 2012
Academic Editors: E. Alpsoy and C. Feliciani
Copyright © 2012 Praveen Kumar Kolla et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Kher, N. E. Madias, J. T. Harrington et al., “End-stage renal disease in developing countries,” Kidney International, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 350–362, 2002.
- S. Pastan and J. Bailey, “Medical progress: dialysis therapy,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 338, no. 20, pp. 1428–1437, 1998.
- Z. Hajheydari and A. Makhlough, “Cutaneous and mucosal manifestations in patients on maintenance hemodialysis: a study of 101 patients in Sari, Iran,” Iranian Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 86–90, 2008.
- J. R. Nunley, “Dermatologic manifestations of renal disease,” eMedicine, p. 550, 2002.
- P. Udayakumar, S. Balasubramanian, K. S. Ramalingam, C. Lakshmi, C. R. Srinivas, and A. C. Mathew, “Cutaneous manifestations in patients with chronic renal failure on hemodialysis,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 119–125, 2006.
- A. Kato, M. Hamada, T. Maruyama, Y. Maruyama, and A. Hishida, “Pruritus and hydration state of stratum corneum in hemodialysis patients,” American Journal of Nephrology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 437–442, 2000.
- A. K. Gupta, M. A. Gupta, C. J. Cardella, and H. F. Haberman, “Cutaneous associations of chronic renal failure and dialysis,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 498–504, 1986.
- C. A. Morton, M. Lafferty, C. Hau, I. Henderson, M. Jones, and J. G. Lowe, “Pruritus and skin hydration during dialysis,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 2031–2036, 1996.
- P. L. Bencini, G. Montagnino, and A. Citterio, “Cutaneous abnormalities in uremic patients,” Nephron, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 316–321, 1985.
- Y. V. Tawade and B. B. Gokhale, “Dermatological manifestations of chronic renal failure,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 155–156, 1996.
- G. Singh, S. J. Singh, N. Chakrabarty, K. S. Siddharaju, and J. C. Prakash, “Cutaneous manifestations of chronic renal failure,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 167–169, 1989.
- G. S. Cohen, “Renal disease,” in Burket’s Oral Medicine; Diagnosis and Treatment, M. A. Lynch, Ed., pp. 487–509, Lipincott-Raven, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 9th edition, 1997.