- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 743027, 5 pages
Comparison of Topical Anesthetics for Radiofrequency Ablation of Achrocordons: Eutectic Mixture of Lignocaine/Prilocaine versus Lidocaine/Tetracaine
1Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy, Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences, Nainital Road, Bareilly 243001, India
2Department of Pediatrics, Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences, Nainital Road, Bareilly 243001, India
Received 11 November 2013; Accepted 17 December 2013; Published 29 January 2014
Academic Editors: C. K. Janniger and W. Vanscheidt
Copyright © 2014 Pratik Gahalaut et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Sachdeva and A. Dogra, “Radiofrequency ablation in dermatology,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 134–137, 2007.
- S. Mutalik, “Standard guidelines for electrosurgery with radiofrequency current,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 75, supplement 2, pp. S83–S89, 2009.
- J. Sawyer, S. Febbraro, S. Masud, M. A. Ashburn, and J. C. Campbell, “Heated lidocaine/tetracaine patch (Synera, Rapydan) compared with lidocaine/prilocaine cream (EMLA) for topical anaesthesia before vascular access,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 210–215, 2009.
- H. A. Bryan, T. S. Alster, and R. A. Koppel, “The S-Caine peel: a novel topical anesthetic for cutaneous laser surgery,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 999–1003, 2002.
- E. V. Lener, B. D. Bucalo, D. A. Kist, and R. L. Moy, “Topical anesthetic agents in dermatologic surgery: a review,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 673–683, 1997.
- A. K. Schecter, D. M. Pariser, R. J. Pariser, M. R. Ling, D. Stewart, and N. S. Sadick, “Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the lidocaine/tetracaine patch for induction of local anesthesia prior to minor dermatologic procedures in geriatric patients,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 287–291, 2005.
- I. Majid, “Can injectable lignocaine be replaced by topical anesthesia in melanocyte transplant or ultrathin skin grafting?” Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 127–128, 2013.
- B. Berman, J. Flores, D. Pariser, R. Pariser, T. de Araujo, and C. C. Ramirez, “Self-warming lidocaine/tetracaine patch effectively and safely induces local anesthesia during minor dermatologic procedures,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 135–138, 2005.
- J. F. Sobanko, C. J. Miller, and T. S. Alster, “Topical anesthetics for dermatologic procedures: a review,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- W. O. Kim, B. M. Song, and H. K. Kil, “Efficacy and safety of a lidocaine/tetracaine medicated patch or peel for dermatologic procedures: a meta-analysis,” Korean Journal of Anesthesiology, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 435–440, 2012.
- T. S. Alster, J. R. Lupton, and A. Kauvar, “Evaluation of a novel topical anesthetic agent for cutaneous laser resurfacing: a randomized comparison study,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 1004–1006, 2002.
- G. A. Hawker, S. Mian, T. Kendzerska, and M. French, “Measures of adult pain: Visual Analog Scale for Pain (VAS Pain), Numeric Rating Scale for Pain (NRS Pain), McGill Pain Questionnaire (MPQ), Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ), Chronic Pain Grade Scale (CPGS), Short Form-36 Bodily Pain Scale (SF-36 BPS), and Measure of Intermittent and Constant Osteoarthritis Pain (ICOAP),” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 63, supplement 11, pp. S240–S252, 2011.
- J. Z. S. Chen, M. R. Alexiades-Armenakas, L. J. Bernstein, L. G. Jacobson, P. M. Friedman, and R. G. Geronemus, “Two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies evaluating the S-Caine Peel for induction of local anesthesia before long-pulsed ND:YAG laser therapy for leg veins,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1012–1018, 2003.
- T. Alster, “Review of lidocaine/tetracaine cream as a topical anesthetic for dermatologic laser procedures,” Pain and Therapy, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 11–19, 2013.
- J. Z. S. Chen, L. G. Jacobson, A. D. Bakus et al., “Evaluation of the S-Caine Peel for induction of local anesthesia for laser-assisted tattoo removal: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 281–286, 2005.
- E. L. Carter, C. A. Coppola, and F. A. Barsanti, “A randomized, double-blind comparison of two topical anesthesic formulations prior to electrodesiccation of dermatosis papulosa nigra,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2006.
- S. N. Doshi, P. M. Friedman, D. K. Marquez, and L. H. Goldberg, “Thirty-minute application of the S-Caine Peel prior to nonablative laser treatment,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1008–1011, 2003.
- P. M. Friedman, E. A. Mafong, E. S. Friedman, and R. G. Geronemus, “Topical anesthetics update: EMLA and beyond,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1019–1026, 2001.
- M. S. Wallace, E. A. Kopecky, T. Ma, F. Brophy, and J. C. Campbell, “Evaluation of the depth and duration of anesthesia from heated lidocaine/tetracaine (Synera) patches compared with placebo patches applied to healthy adult volunteers,” Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 507–513, 2010.
- H. S. Holmes, “Choosing a local anesthetic,” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 817–823, 1994.
- S. Singh, R. Singh, and J. P. Singh, “Anesthetic potential of lignocaine/prilocaine cream (EMLA) versus lignocaine infiltration for radiofrequency ablation of warts,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, vol. 3, pp. 858–862, 2012.
- S. E. Curry and J. C. Finkel, “Use of the Synera patch for local anesthesia before vascular access procedures: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study,” Pain Medicine, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 497–502, 2007.
- T. S. Shomaker, J. Zhang, G. Love, S. Basta, and M. A. Ashburn, “Evaluating skin anesthesia after administration of a local anesthetic system consisting of an S-Caine patch and a controlled heat-aided drug delivery (CHADD) patch in volunteers,” Clinical Journal of Pain, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 200–204, 2000.
- N. F. Sethna, S. T. Verghese, R. S. Hannallah, J. C. Solodiuk, D. Zurakowski, and C. B. Berde, “A randomized controlled trial to evaluate S-Caine Patch for reducing pain associated with vascular access in children,” Anesthesiology, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 403–408, 2005.