- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 953747, 4 pages
Hypertrichosis Is Not so Prevalent in Becker's Nevus: Analysis of 47 Cases
1Department of Dermatology, Hazrat-e Rasool University Hospital, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
2Skin and Stem Cell Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Science, 4 Kamraniye Street, Maryam Alley, Tehran, Iran
3Iranian Center for Medical Laser, Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research, Tehran, Iran
Received 16 February 2014; Accepted 9 March 2014; Published 30 April 2014
Academic Editors: M. Alaibac and A. Rebora
Copyright © 2014 Abbas Rasi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. W. Becker, “Concurrent melanosis and hypertrichosis in distribution of nevus unis lateris,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 60, pp. 155–160, 1949.
- R. Happle, “Mosaicism in human skin: understanding the patterns and mechanisms,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 129, no. 11, pp. 1460–1470, 1993.
- P. W. M. Copeman and E. W. Jones, “Pigmented hairy epidermal nevus (Becker),” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 249–251, 1965.
- R. Happle and R. J. Koopman, “Becker nevus syndrome,” American Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 68, pp. 357–361, 1997.
- A. W. Kopf and J. Yuppa, “Becker's nevus,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 97–98, 1968.
- K. Neena Chima, C. K. Janniger, and R. A. Schwartz, “Backer's melanosis,” Cutis, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 311–314, 1996.
- J. R. Person and C. Longcope, “Becker's nevus: an androgen-mediated hyperplasia with increased androgen receptors,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 235–238, 1984.
- S. Agrawal, V. K. Garg, S. P. Sah, and A. Agarwalla, “Acne in Becker's nevus,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 583–585, 2001.
- R. Danarti, A. König, A. Salhi, M. Bittar, and R. Happle, “Becker's nevus syndrome revisited,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 965–969, 2004.
- A. M. R. Downs, R. Mehta, J. T. Lear, and R. D. G. Peachey, “Acne in a Becker's naevus: an androgen-mediated link?” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 191–192, 1998.
- B. L. Burgreen and A. B. Ackerman, “Acneform lesions in Becker's nevus,” Cutis, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 617–619, 1978.
- H. L. de Almeida Jr. and R. Happle, “Two cases of cephalic Becker nevus with asymmetrical growth of beard or scalp hair,” Dermatology, vol. 207, no. 3, pp. 337–338, 2003.
- J. Santos-Juanes, C. Galache, J. R. Curto, M. P. Carrasco, A. Ribas, and J. Sánchez Del Río, “Acneiform lesions in Becker's nevus and breast hypoplasia,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 699–700, 2002.
- J.-A. Szylit, M. E. Grossman, Y. Luyando, M. R. Olarte, and H. Nagler, “Becker's nevus and an accessory scrotum. A unique occurrence,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 905–907, 1986.
- R. Tymen, Contribution a l'etude du naevus de Becker:a partir de 100 observations personnellies [thesis], Universite Claud Bernard, Lyon, France, 1980.
- M. Formigon, M. M. Alsina, J. M. Mascaro, and F. Rivera, “Becker's nevus and ipsilateral breast hypoplasia androgen-receptor study in two patients,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 128, no. 7, pp. 992–993, 1992.
- P. R. Cohen, “Becker's nevus,” American Family Physician, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 221–226, 1988.
- R. Tymen, J. F. Forestier, B. Boutet, and D. Colomb, “Late Becker's nevus. One hundred cases,” Annales de Dermatologie et de Venereologie, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 1981.
- D. I. McLean and R. P. Gallagher, “‘Sunburn’ freckles, cafe-au-lait macules, and other pigmented lesions of schoolchildren: the Vancouver Mole Study,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 565–570, 1995.
- V. Ingordo, C. Gentile, S. S. Iannazzone, F. Cusano, and L. Naldi, “The “EpiEnlist” project: a dermo-epidemiologic study on a representative sample of young Italian males. Prevalence of selected pigmentary lesions,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1091–1096, 2007.
- A. L. Patrizi and V. di Lernia, “Becker's melanosis and associated abnormalities,” Pediatric dermatology, vol. 6, no. 3, p. 259, 1989.
- S. E. Glinick, J. C. Alper, H. Bogaars, and J. A. Brown, “Becker's melanosis: associated abnormalities,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 509–514, 1983.
- J. M. Rower, R. D. Carr, and E. D. Lowney, “Progressive cribriform and zosteriform hyperpigmentation,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 98–99, 1978.
- A. Patrizi, V. di Lernia, and C. Varotti, “Reticulate hyperpigmentation distributed in a zosteriform fashion,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 121, no. 2, p. 280, 1989.
- D. J. Atherton, “Naevi and other developmental defects,” in Rook/Wilkinson/Ebling Textbook of Dermatology, R. H. Champion, J. L. Burton, D. A. Burns, and S. M. Breathnach, Eds., p. 542, Blacwell Science, Oxford, UK, 6th edition, 1998.
- T. B. Fitzpatrick and J. P. Ortonne, “Disorders of melanocytes,” in Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine, I. M. Freedberg, A. Z. Eisen, K. Wolff, K. F. Austen, L. A. Goldsmith, and S. I. Katz, Eds., p. 867, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 2003.
- A. Salhi, A. Ammar-Khodja, E. Grosshans, F. Aite-Belkacem, E. Heid, and R. Happle, “Naevus de Becker et syndrome du naevus de Becker:6 cas,” in Proceedings of the 6th Maghrebian Congress of Dermatology, Algiers, Algeria, October 1999.
- D. F. Fretzin and D. Whitney, “Familial Becker's nevus,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 589–590, 1985.
- S. E. Book, A. T. Glass, and T. A. Laude, “Congenital Becker's nevus with a familial association,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 373–375, 1997.
- R. Panizzon and U. W. Schnyder, “Familial Becker's nevus,” Dermatologica, vol. 176, no. 6, pp. 275–276, 1988.
- Y. Tse, V. J. Levine, S. A. McClain, and R. Ashinoff, “The removal of cutaneous pigmented lesions with the Q-switched ruby laser and the Q-switched neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser: a comparative study,” Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 795–800, 1994.
- M. A. Trelles, I. Allones, G. A. Moreno-Arias, and M. Vélez, “Becker's naevus: a comparative study between erbium: YAG and Q-switched neodymium:YAG; clinical and histopathological findings,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 152, no. 2, pp. 308–313, 2005.
- A. S. Glaich, L. H. Goldberg, T. Dai, J. H. Kunishige, and P. M. Friedman, “Fractional resurfacing: a new therapeutic modality for becker's nevus,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 143, no. 12, pp. 1488–1490, 2007.
- A. Tedeschi, F. Dall'Oglio, G. Micali, R. A. Schwartz, and C. K. Janniger, “Corrective camouflage in pediatric dermatology,” Cutis, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 110–112, 2007.