- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 509165, 10 pages
Price Regulation in Oligopolistic Markets
1Departamento de Economía, Universidad Carlos III, 28903 Madrid, Spain
2Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28223 Madrid, Spain
Received 15 September 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editors: C. Le Van and E. Yeldan
Copyright © 2012 Luis C. Corchón and Félix Marcos. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Armstrong and D. Sappington, “Recent developments in the theory of regulation,” in Handbook of Industrial Organization, M. Armstrong and R. Porter, Eds., vol. 3, Elsevier, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2005.
- S. Shaffer, “A first-best regulatory tax for oligopoly,” Journal of Regulatory Economics, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 373–389, 1989.
- J. C. Kim and K. B. Chang, “An optimal tax/subsidy for output and pollution control under asymmetric information in oligopoly markets,” Journal of Regulatory Economics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 183–197, 1993.
- M. Loeb and W. Magat, “A decentralized method for utility regulation,” Journal of Law and Economics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 399–404, 1979.
- S. Schwermer, “Regulating oligopolistic industries: a generalized incentive scheme,” Journal of Regulatory Economics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 97–108, 1994.
- S. H. O. Lee, “A note on regulating oligopolistic industries: a hierarchical model,” Journal of Regulatory Economics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 91–97, 1997.
- D. Sappington and D. Sibley, “Regulating without cost information: the Incremental surplus subsidy scheme,” International Economic Review, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 297–306, 1988.
- J. López-Cuñat, “Regulating oligopolies,” Revista Española de Economía, pp. 61–91, 1995.
- D. Baron and R. Myerson, “Regulating a monopolist with unknown costs,” Econometrica, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 911–930, 1982.
- D. Kreps and J. Scheinkman, “Quantity pre-commitment and Bertrand competition yield Cournot outcomes,” Bell Journal of Economics, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 326–337, 1983.
- S. Littlechild, “Economic regulation of privatized water authorities,” Report for the Department of Environment, HMSO, London, UK, 1986.
- S. P. Andersen and R. Renault, “Efficiency and surplus bounds in Cournot competition,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 253–264, 2003.
- J. Crémer and R. McLean, “Optimal selling strategies under uncertainty for a discriminating monopolist when demands are interdependent,” Econometrica, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 345–361, 1985.
- J. Crémer and R. McLean, “Full extraction of the surplus in Bayesian and dominant strategy auctions,” Econometrica, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1247–1257, 1988.
- E. Maskin and J. G. Riley, “Auction design with correlated reservation values,” Mimeo, 1980.
- R. B. Myerson, “Optimal auction design,” Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 58–73, 1981.
- M. Armstrong, S. Cowan, and J. Vickers, Regulatory Reform: Economic Analysis and British Experience, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1994.
- J. J. Laffont and J. Tirole, “Using cost observation to regulate firms,” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 614–641, 1986.
- I. Vogelsang, “Incentive regulation, investments and technological change,” CESifo Working Paper no. 2964, 2010.
- J. J. Laffont and D. Martimort, The theory of Incentives: The Principal-Agent Model, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2001.
- R. Earle, K. Schmedders, and T. Tatur, “On price caps under uncertainty,” Review of Economic Studies, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 93–111, 2007.
- N. Fabra, N. H. von der Fehr, and M. A. de Frutos, “Market design and investment incentives,” Working Paper, Carlos III University, 2009.
- S. Buehler, A. Burger, and R. Ferstl, “The investment effects of price caps under imperfect competition: a note,” Economics Letters, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 92–94, 2010.
- M. Armstrong, J. Vickers, and J. Zhou, “Consumer protection and the incentive to become informed,” Journal of the European Economic Association, vol. 7, no. 2-3, pp. 399–410, 2009.
- J. P. McHardy, “Miscalculations of monopoly and oligopoly welfare losses with linear demand,” Hull Economic Research Papers, 2000.