- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 702974, 8 pages
Outsourcing Innovation in Product Cycles
Department of Economics, National Tsing Hua University, 101 Section 2, Kuang-Fu Road, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
Received 4 June 2012; Accepted 22 August 2012
Academic Editors: T. Kuosmanen, A. Watts, and J. Zarnikau
Copyright © 2012 Hsiao-Lei Chu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. M. Yi, “Can vertical specialization explain the growth of world trade?” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 52–102, 2003.
- R. Jones, H. Kierzkowski, and C. Lurong, “What does evidence tell us about fragmentation and outsourcing?” International Review of Economics and Finance, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 305–316, 2005.
- E. L. C. Lai, “Competition for foreign direct investment in the product cycle,” Japan and the World Economy, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 61–81, 2001.
- A. J. Glass and K. Saggi, “Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment,” Journal of International Economics, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 387–410, 2002.
- C. H. Lu, “Moving up or moving out? A unified theory of R&D, FDI, and trade,” Journal of International Economics, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 324–343, 2007.
- G. Yang and K. E. Maskus, “Intellectual property rights, licensing, and innovation in an endogenous product-cycle model,” Journal of International Economics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 169–187, 2001.
- A. J. Glass and K. Saggi, “Innovation and wage effects of international outsourcing,” European Economic Review, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 67–86, 2001.
- A. J. Glass, “Outsourcing under imperfect protection of intellectual property,” Review of International Economics, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 867–884, 2004.
- S. Sayek and F. Şener, “Outsourcing and wage inequality in a dynamic product cycle model,” Review of Development Economics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2006.
- F. Şener and L. Zhao, “Globalization, R&D and the iPod Cycle,” Journal of International Economics, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 101–108, 2009.
- E. L. C. Lai, R. Riezman, and P. Wang, “Outsourcing of innovation,” Economic Theory, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 485–515, 2009.
- M. Chui, P. Levine, and J. Pearlman, “Winners and losers in a North-South model of growth, innovation and product cycles,” Journal of Development Economics, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 333–365, 2001.
- H. L. Chu, “Product cycles among three regions with differential R&D abilities,” Economic Modelling, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 177–183, 2009.
- W. Li, “Global sourcing in innovation: theory and evidence from the information technology hardware industry,” 2008.
- Economist Intelligence Unit, “Innovation: transforming the way business creates,” Tech. Rep., 2007.
- M. Nowotarski and L. Nouvelles, “Introducing patents into a major service industry,” Markets, Patents & Alliances, LLC, 2003.
- G. Grossman and E. Helpman, “Quality ladders and product cycles,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 106, pp. 557–586, 1991.
- National Science Board, “Science and Engineering Indicators 2008,” 2008.