- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 298595, 10 pages
Fund-Raising Games Played on a Network
Department of Economics, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Received 30 August 2013; Accepted 1 October 2013
Academic Editors: D. Dave, D. Mitra, and E. Silva
Copyright © 2013 Alison Watts. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Andreoni, “Charitable giving,” in The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, S. Durlauf and L. Blume, Eds., Palgrave Macmillan, 2nd edition, 2008.
- M. Hall, C. W. Barr, M. Easwaramoorthy, S. W. Sokolowski, and L. M. Salamon, The Canadian Nonprofit and Volunteer Sector in Comparative Perspective, Imagine Canada, Toronto, Canada, 2005.
- B. K. Yörük, “How responsive are charitable donors to requests to give?” Journal of Public Economics, vol. 93, no. 9-10, pp. 1111–1117, 2009.
- B. K. Yörük, “How responsive are charitable donors to requests to give?” Working Paper Version, Boston College, 2007.
- J. Andreoni, “Philanthropy,” in Handbook of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, S. C. Kolm and J. Mercier Ythier, Eds., pp. 1201–1269, North Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- J. Andreoni and A. A. Payne, “Do government grants to private charities crowd out giving or fund-raising?” American Economic Review, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 792–812, 2003.
- B. Keegan, Fundraising for Non-Profits: How to Build a Community Partnership, Harper Collins, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- S. Dellavigna, J. A. List, and U. Malmendier, “Testing for altruism and social pressure in charitable giving,” The Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 127, no. 1, pp. 1–56, 2012.
- M. Mungan and B. K. Yörük, “Fundraising and optimal policy rules,” Mimeo, University at Albany, SUNY, 2009.
- L. M. Marx and S. A. Matthews, “Dynamic voluntary contribution to a public project,” Review of Economic Studies, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 327–358, 2000.
- M. Bagnoli and B. L. Lipman, “Provision of public goods: fully implementing the core through private contributions,” Review of Economic Studies, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 583–601, 1989.
- J. Meer and H. S. Rosen, “The ABCs of charitable solicitation,” Journal of Public Economics, vol. 95, no. 5-6, pp. 363–371, 2011.
- M. van Diepen, B. Donkers, and P. H. Franses, “Dynamic and competitive effects of direct mailings: a charitable giving application,” Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 120–133, 2009.
- J. Andreoni and J. M. Rao, “The power of asking: how communication affects selfishness, empathy, and altruism,” Journal of Public Economics, vol. 95, no. 7-8, pp. 513–520, 2011.
- M. O. Jackson, “An overview of social networks and economic applications,” in Forthcoming in the Handbook of Social Economics, J. Benhabib, A. Bisin, and M. O. Jackson, Eds., Elsevier, 2009.
- M. O. Jackson and A. Wolinsky, “A strategic model of social and economic networks,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 44–74, 1996.
- A. Calvó-Armengol and M. O. Jackson, “The effects of social networks on employment and inequality,” American Economic Review, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 426–454, 2004.
- Y. Bramoullé and R. Kranton, “Risk-sharing networks,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 64, no. 3-4, pp. 275–294, 2007.
- M. Fafchamps and S. Lund, “Risk-sharing networks in rural Philippines,” Journal of Development Economics, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 261–287, 2003.
- R. E. Kranton and D. F. Minehart, “Competition for goods in buyer-seller networks,” Review of Economic Design, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 301–331, 2000.
- R. E. Kranton and D. F. Minehart, “A theory of buyer-seller networks,” American Economic Review, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 485–508, 2001.
- M. O. Jackson and A. Watts, “The evolution of social and economic networks,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 265–295, 2002.
- M. O. Jackson and A. Watts, “On the formation of interaction networks in social coordination games,” Games and Economic Behavior, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 265–291, 2002.
- S. Skaperdas, “Contest success functions,” Economic Theory, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 283–290, 1996.
- H. Moulin, “The price of anarchy of serial, average and incremental cost sharing,” Economic Theory, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 379–405, 2008.
- H. Moulin and A. Watts, “Two versions of the tragedy of the commons,” Review of Economic Design, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 399–421, 1997.
- A. Watts, “Uniqueness of equilibrium in cost sharing games,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 47–70, 2002.
- M. I. Freidlin and A. D. Wentzell, Random Perturbations of Dynamical Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- H. P. Young, Individual Strategy and Social Structure, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1998.
- H. P. Young, “The evolution of conventions,” Econometrica, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 57–84, 1993.
- A. Kadet, “Smart money: is your favorite charity spying on you?” The Wall Street Journal, vol. 16, 2010.