- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 787352, 17 pages
Efficiency of Demand Shocks in Order to Reduce Current Account Imbalances in the EMU
Université Paris Descartes, 12 Rue de L’école de Médecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Received 16 August 2013; Accepted 9 September 2013
Academic Editors: J. M. Labeaga and E. Yeldan
Copyright © 2013 Séverine Menguy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Jaumotte and P. Sodsriwiboon, “Current account imbalances in the southern Euro area,” IMF Working Paper WP/10/139, 2010.
- G. Schnabl and T. Wollmershäuser, “Fiscal divergence and current account imbalances in Europe,” CESifo Working Paper 4108, 2013.
- E. Stockhammer, Peripheral Europe’s Debt and German Wages. the Role of Wage Policy in the Euro Area, Research on Money and Finance Discussion Paper, no. 29, School of Oriental and African Studies, Department of Economics, 2011.
- J. Uxo, J. Paul, and E. Febrero, “Current account imbalances in the monetary union and the great recession: causes and policies,” Panoeconomics, vol. 5, pp. 571–592, 2011.
- M. Higgins and T. Klitgaard, “Savings imbalances and the Euro area sovereign debt crisis,” Current Issues in Economics and Finance, vol. 17, no. 5, 2011.
- D. Gros, “Adjustment difficulties in the GIPSY Club,” CEPS Working Document 326, Centre for European Policy Studies, 2010.
- S. Cesaratto, “Controversial and novel features of the Eurozone crisis as a balance of payments crisis,” Tech. Rep. 640, Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica; Università di Siena, 2012.
- S. Tilford and P. Whyte, Why Stricter Rules Threaten the Eurozone, Centre for European Reform; Essay, 2011.
- M. G. Arghyrou and G. Chortareas, “Current account imbalances and real exchange rates in the Euro area,” Review of International Economics, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 747–764, 2008.
- F. Giavazzi and L. Spaventa, “Way the current account may matter in a monetary union—lessons from the financial crisis in the Euro area,” CEPR Discussion Paper 8008, 2010.
- R. R. Canale and U. Marani, “Current account and fiscal imbalances in the Euro-area: siamese twins in an asymmetrical currency union,” Working Paper 659, Università degli Studi di Siena, 2012.
- D. Gros, “Macroeconomic imbalances in the Euro area: symptom or cause of the crisis?” CEPS Policy Brief 266, 2012.
- P. De Grauwe and J. Yuemei, “Self-fulfilling crises in the Eurozone: an empirical test,” CeSifo Working Paper 3821, 2012.
- P. Alessandrini, M. Fratianni, A. Hughes Hallett, and A. F. Presbitero, “External imbalances and financial fragility in the Euro area,” MoFIR Working Paper 66, 2012.
- N. Holinski, C. Kool, and J. Muysken, “Persistent macroeconomic imbalances in the euro area: causes and consequences,” Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 1–20, 2012.
- S. Merler and J. Pisani-Ferry, “The simple macroeconomics of north and south in EMU,” Bruegel Working Paper 2012/12, 2012.
- P. De Grauwe, “In search of symmetry in the Eurozone,” CEPS Policy Brief 268, 2012.
- G. Horn, J. Heike, and R. Zwiener, Global Imbalances: Cause of the Crisis and Solution Strategies for Germany, Policy Brief; Macroeconomic Policy Institute, 2009.
- L. Lieb, “Taking real wage rigidities seriously: implications for optimal policy design in a currency union,” International Economic Journal, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 37–68, 2012.
- J. Galí and T. Monacelli, “Optimal monetary and fiscal policy in a currency union,” Journal of International Economics, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 116–132, 2008.
- L. Vogel, W. Roeger, and B. Herz, “Optimal simple rules for fiscal policy in a monetary union,” BGPE Discussion Paper 21, Bayreuth University, 2006.