- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 959128, 7 pages
Cyclic Voltammetric Investigations of Thiazine Dyes on Modified Electrodes
Department of Chemistry, University of North Bengal, Raja Rammohanpur, Darjeeling 734 013, India
Received 18 December 2012; Accepted 6 January 2013
Academic Editors: R. Kizek, G.-R. Li, and A. A. Moya
Copyright © 2013 Amitabha Chakraborty et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. K. Gosser Jr., Cyclic Voltammetry/Simulation and Analysis of Reaction Mechanisms, Wiley-VCH, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- E. Topoglidis, B. M. Discher, C. C. Moser, P. L. Dutton, and J. R. Durrant, “Functionalizing nanocrystalline metal oxide electrodes with robust synthetic redox proteins,” ChemBioChem, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 1332–1339, 2003.
- Y. N. Li, X. Yuan, J. Yang, Z. Ma, and B. Wang, “Electrochemical preparation and Li-insertion of nanocrystalline NiCuO2 thin film,” Journal of New Materials For Electrochemical Systems, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 39–42, 2004.
- S. Hotchandani, I. Bedja, R. W. Fessenden, and P. V. Kamat, “Electrochromic and photoelectrochromic behavior of thin WO3 films prepared from quantum size colloidal particles,” Langmuir, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 1994.
- R. S. Mane, W. J. Lee, H. M. Pathan, and S. H. Han, “Nanocrystalline TiO2/ZnO thin films: fabrication and application to dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 51, pp. 24254–24259, 2005.
- Ş. Kalayci, G. Somer, and G. Ekmekci, “Preparation and application of a new glucose sensor based on iodide ion selective electrode,” Talanta, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 87–91, 2005.
- J. F. Rusling, Ed., Biomolecular Films: Design, Function, and Applications, Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 2005.
- S. Yufang, Q. Gao, B. Qi, and X. Yang, “Electropolymerization of azure B on a screen-printed carbon electrode and its application to the determination of NADH in a flow injection analysis system,” Microchimica Acta, vol. 148, no. 3-4, pp. 335–341, 2004.
- P. V. Kamat, “Electrochemistry and photoelectrochemistry of dye-incorporated clay-modified electrode,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry and Interfacial Electrochemistry, vol. 163, no. 1-2, pp. 389–394, 1984.
- Q. Gao, X. Cui, F. Yang, Y. Ma, and X. Yang, “Preparation of poly(thionine) modified screen-printed carbon electrode and its application to determine NADH in flow injection analysis system,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 277–282, 2003.
- R. Muthyala, Ed., Chemistry and Applications of Leuco Dyes, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- A. Fitch, “Clay-modified electrodes: a review,” Clays & Clay Minerals, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 391–400, 1990.
- H. Inoue and H. Yoneyama, “Electropolymerization of aniline intercalated in montmorillonite,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 233, no. 1-2, pp. 291–294, 1987.
- J. F. Rusling, C. N. Shi, and S. L. Suib, “Electrocatalytic reactions in organized assemblies—part V: dehalogenation of 4,4'-dibromobiphenyl in cationic micelles at bare and clay-modified carbon electrodes,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 245, no. 1-2, pp. 331–337, 1988.
- C. Mousty, “Sensors and biosensors based on clay-modified electrodes-new trends,” Applied Clay Science, vol. 27, no. 3-4, pp. 159–177, 2004.
- H. Yin, Y. Zhou, and S. Ai, “Preparation and characteristic of cobalt phthalocyanine modified carbon paste electrode for bisphenol A detection,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 626, no. 1-2, pp. 80–88, 2009.
- A. Yamagishi and A. Aramata, “A clay-modified electrode with stereoselectivity,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 452–453, 1984.
- P. Joó, “Electrochemistry of dye- and surfactant-incorporated montmorillonite-modified electrodes,” Colloids and Surfaces, vol. 49, pp. 29–39, 1990.
- T. M. Mudrinić, Z. D. Mojović, A. S. A. Rabi-Stanković, A. Z. Ivanović-Šašić, A. D. Milutinović-Nikolić, and D. M. Jovanović, “Oxidation of hydroxide ions at platinum modified zeolite electrode,” Hemijska Industrija, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 759–767, 2012.
- Y. Zhang, F. Chen, W. Shan et al., “Fabrication of ultrathin nanozeolite film modified electrodes and their electrochemical behavior,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 65, no. 2-3, pp. 277–285, 2003.
- A. Chakraborty, M. Ali, and S. K. Saha, “Molecular interaction of organic dyes in bulk and confined media,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 1577–1583, 2010.
- B. Velde, Introduction to Clay Minerals: Chemistry, Origins, Uses, and Environmental Significance, Chapman & Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- F. Bonet, V. Delmas, S. Grugeon, R. H. Urbina, P. Y. Silvert, and K. Tekaia-Elhsissen, “Synthesis of monodisperse Au, Pt, Pd, Ru and Ir nanoparticles in ethylene glycol,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1277–1284, 1999.
- P. K. Ghosh and A. J. Bard, “Clay-modified electrodes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 105, no. 17, pp. 5691–5693, 1983.
- A. Chakraborty, S. Ahmed, and S. K. Saha, “Electrochemical studies of progressively alkylated thiazine dyes on a glassy carbon electrode (GCE) in water, ethanol, and triton X-100 media,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1908–1913, 2010.
- S. Ahmed, Studies on physico-chemical characteristics of selected dyes and their interactions with smectite and zeolite [Ph.D. thesis], University of North Bengal, 1996.
- A. Gürses, Ç. Doğar, M. Yalçın, M. Açıkyıldız, R. Bayrak, and S. Karaca, “The adsorption kinetics of the cationic dye, methylene blue, onto clay,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 131, no. 1–3, pp. 217–228, 2006.
- E. Errais, J. Duplay, F. Darragi et al., “Efficient anionic dye adsorption on natural untreated clay: kinetic study and thermodynamic parameters,” Desalination, vol. 275, no. 1–3, pp. 74–81, 2011.
- S. A. Hussain, “Fluorescence resonance energy transfer between organic dyes in presence and absence of nanoclay laponite,” Noto-are 12537351: Education, 2012.
- J. Wang, Analytical Electrochemistry, chapter 2, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- C. Amatore, J. M. Saveant, and D. Tessier, “Charge transfer at partially blocked surfaces: a model for the case of microscopic active and inactive sites,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 147, no. 1-2, pp. 39–51, 1983.
- H. Chen, Z. Zhang, D. Cai et al., “Direct electrochemistry and electrocatalytic behavior of horseradish peroxidase on attapulgite clay modified electrode,” Analytical Sciences, vol. 27, no. 6, article 613, 2011.
- P. H. Sackett, J. S. Mayausky, T. Smith, S. Kalus, and R. L. McCreery, “Side-chain effects on phenothiazine cation radical reactions,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1342–1347, 1981.
- J. W. Stucki, K. Lee, L. Zhang, and R. A. Larson, “Effects of iron oxidation state on the surface and structural properties of smectites,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 74, no. 11, pp. 2145–2158, 2003.