- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 965243, 6 pages
Urinary Bisphenol A Levels and Measures of Obesity: Results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2003–2008
1Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, 1 Medical Center Drive, P.O. Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26505-9190, USA
2Singapore Eye Research Institute, Singapore 168751
3Department of Clinical Sciences, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore 169857
Received 27 April 2012; Accepted 28 May 2012
Academic Editors: Y. Combarnous, V. A. Lux-Lantos, and J. Vrbikova
Copyright © 2012 Anoop Shankar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shuk-Mei Ho, Abby Johnson, Pheruza Tarapore, Vinothini Janakiram, Xiang Zhang, and Yuet-Kin Leung, “Environmental Epigenetics and Its Implication on Disease Risk and Health Ou tcomes,” Ilar Journal, vol. 53, no. 3-4, pp. 289–305, 2012.
- Donna S. Eng, Achamyeleh Gebremariam, John D. Meeker, Karen Peterson, and Vasantha Padmanabhan, “Bisphenol A and Chronic Disease Risk Factors in US Children,” Pediatrics, vol. 132, no. 3, pp. E637–E645, 2013.
- Johanna R. Rochester, “Bisphenol A and Human Health: A review of the literature,” Reproductive Toxicology, 2013.
- John D. Meeker, David E. Cantonwine, Luis O. Rivera-Gonzalez, Kelly K. Ferguson, Bhramar Mukherjee, Antonia M. Calafat, Xiaoyun Ye, Liza V. Anzalota Del Toro, Noe Crespo-Hernandez, Braulio Jimenez-Velez, Akram N. Alshawabkeh, and Jose F. Cordero, “Distribution, Variability, and Predictors of Urinary Concentrations of Phen ols and Parabens among Pregnant Women in Puerto Rico,” Environmental Science & Technology, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 3439–3447, 2013.
- Heba S. Aboul Ezz, Yasser A. Khadrawy, and Iman M. Mourad, “The effect of bisphenol A on some oxidative stress parameters and acetylcholinesterase activity in the heart of male albino rats,” Cytotechnology, 2013.
- Angel Nadal, “OBESITY Fat from plastics? Linking bisphenol A exposure and obesity,” Nature Reviews Endocrinology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 9–10, 2013.
- Kristin Tyler, Brenda Eskenazi, Raul Aguilar Schall, Jonathan Chevrier, Nina T. Holland, Antonia M. Calafat, Helen Aguirre, Asa Bradman, and Robert H. Lustig, “Prenatal and Postnatal Bisphenol A Exposure and Body Mass Index in Childhoo d in the CHAMACOS Cohort,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 121, no. 4, pp. 514–520, 2013.
- Stephanie M. Zimmers, Eva P. Browne, Patrick W. O’Keefe, Douglas L. Anderton, Lawrence Kramer, David A. Reckhow, and Kathleen F. Arcaro, “Determination of free Bisphenol A (BPA) concentrations in breast milk of U.S. women using a sensitive LC/MS/MS method,” Chemosphere, vol. 104, pp. 237–243, 2014.
- Jill E. Schneider, Jeremy M. Brozek, and Erin Keen-Rhinehart, “Our Stolen Figures: The Interface of Sexual Differentiation, Endocrine Disruptors, Maternal Programming, and Energy Balance,” Hormones and Behavior, 2014.
- Ellen M. Wells, and Leila W. Jackson, “Association between bisphenol A and waist-to-height ratio among children: N ational Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2003-2010,” Annals of Epidemiology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 165–167, 2014.
- Naila Khalil, James R. Ebert, Lei Wang, Scott Belcher, Miryoung Lee, Stefan A. Czerwinski, and Kurunthachalam Kannan, “Bisphenol A and cardiometabolic risk factors in obese children,” Science of The Total Environment, vol. 470-471, pp. 726–732, 2014.
- Judy S. LaKind, Michael Goodman, and Donald R. Mattison, “Bisphenol A and indicators of obesity, glucose metabolism/type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease: A systematic review of epidemiologic research,” Critical Reviews in Toxicology, pp. 1–30, 2014.