- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 968560, 4 pages
Colorectal Cancer in Northwestern Iran
1Department of Surgery, Imam Khomeini Training Hospital, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
2Department of Internal Medicine, University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
3Students’ Research Committee, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Received 13 January 2012; Accepted 23 February 2012
Academic Editor: F. A. Macrae
Copyright © 2012 Rahim Mahmodlou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Labianca and B. Merelli, “Screening and diagnosis for colorectal cancer: present and future,” Tumori, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 889–901, 2010.
- A. B. Benson, “Epidemiology, disease progression, and economic burden of colorectal cancer,” Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy, vol. 13, no. 6, supplement, pp. S5–S18, 2007.
- F. Içli, H. Akbulut, S. Bazarbashi et al., “Modification and implementation of NCCN guidelines on colon cancer in the Middle East and North Africa region.,” JNCCN: Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, vol. 8, supplement, pp. S22–S25, 2010.
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), “GLOBOCAN: World Cancer Report,” International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), Paris. France, 2008, http://globocan.iarc.fr.
- H. Fakheri, G. Janbabai, Z. Bari, and F. Eshqi, “The epidemiologic and clinical-pathologic characteristics of colorectal cancers from 1999 to 2007 in Sari,” Iran Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, vol. 18, no. 67, pp. 58–66, 2008.
- N. Molanaie, E. Rahimi, and S. Aiobi, “Epidemiology of colorectal cancer in Kurdistan province during 1995–1999,” Journal of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 17, pp. 22–25, 2000.
- A. Aatefi, M. J. Motlagh, and M. J. Kabir, “Health Profile Indicators in the Islamic Republic of Iran,” in Kermanshah, pp. 336–337, Ministry of Health & Medical Education, Center for Health Network Development & Health Promotion, 2009.
- F. Esna-ashari, M. R. Sohrabi, A. R. Abadi, et al., “Colorectal cancer prevalence according to survival data in Iran in 2007,” Journal Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences & Health Services, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 221–225, 2008.
- B. Moghimi-Dehkordi, A. Safaie, and M. R. Zali, “Survival rates and prognostic factors in colorectal cancer patients,” Journal of Ilam University of Medical Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 33–42, 2008.
- A. A. Karimi-Zarchi, A. R. Saadat, H. R. Jalalian, and M. Esmaeili, “Epidemiology and survival analysis of colorectal cancer and its related factors,” Kowsar Medical Journal, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 239–243, 2010.
- A. Derakhshanfar, H. R. Khorshidi, A. Niayesh, and A. Ezati, “Epidemiological study of colorectal cancer at ekbatan and besat hospitals of hamadan during Ten Years (1998–2008),” Iranian Journal of Surgery, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 68–77, 2010.
- S. Fateh and M. Amini, “An epidemiologic study of colorectal cancer in Arak during 1994–2004,” Iranian Journal of Surgery, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 11–17, 2008.
- A. A. Keshtkar, S. Semnani, G. R. Roshandel, et al., “Nutritional characteristics in patients with colorectal cancer in Golestan Province of Iran, A case-control study,” Journal of Gorgan University of Medical Sciences, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 38–44, 2009.
- S. Semnani, V. Kazemi-Nezhad, and N. Abdolahi, “The epidemiological aspect of colorectal cancer in Gorgan,” Journal of Gorgan University of Medical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 13–18, 2003.
- S. M. Jalali, I. Kordjazi, and S. A. Jalali, “Epidemiological characteristics of colorectal cancer in patients referred to Imam Khomeini Hospital during 1981–2001,” The Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 11, no. 43, pp. 723–730, 2005.
- M. Li, J. Y. Li, A. L. Zhao, and J. Gu, “Do young patients with colorectal cancer have a poorer prognosis than old patients?” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 231–236, 2011.
- P. Rozen, I. Liphshitz, and M. Barchana, “The changing epidemiology of colorectal cancer and its relevance for adapting screening guidelines and methods,” European Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 46–53, 2011.
- L. Shemesh-Bar, Y. Kundel, E. Idelevich, J. Sulkes, A. Sulkes, and B. Brenner, “Colorectal cancer in young patients in Israel: a distinct clinicopathological entity?” World journal of surgery, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 2701–2709, 2010.
- Y. L. Liu, F. L. Zhao, and X. S. Wang, “Analysis of clinicopathologic features and prognosis in 2414 patients with rectal cancer,” Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 913–916, 2010.
- H. Sato, K. Maeda, K. Sugihara et al., “High-risk stage II colon cancer after curative resection,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 45–52, 2011.
- N. Missaoui, L. Jaidaine, A. B. Abdelkader et al., “Clinicopathological patterns of colorectal cancer in Tunisia,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1719–1722, 2010.
- A. Safaee, B. Moghimi-Dehkordi, S. R. Fatemi, S. Ghiasi, and M. R. Zali, “Epidemiology of colorectal Cancer: study the recorded cases in 2000–2007,” Journal of Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 209–216, 2007.
- A. A. Salari and H. R. Dehghan, “Evaluation and treatment of colorectal cancer in shahid rahnemoon and Afshar hospitals,” Scientific Journal of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 20–25, 2007.