- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 821051, 6 pages
Free Field Surface Motion at Different Site Types due to Near-Fault Ground Motions
Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400076, PIN, India
Received 15 May 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editors: A. Streltsov and P. Tosi
Copyright © 2012 Jagabandhu Dixit et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Wolf, Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1985.
- R. D. Borcherdt, “Estimates of site-dependent response spectra for design (methodology and justification),” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 10, pp. 617–653, 1994.
- K. Aki, “Local site effects on weak and strong ground motion,” Tectonophysics, vol. 218, no. 1-3, pp. 93–111, 1993.
- G. P. Mavroeidis and A. S. Papageorgiou, “A mathematical representation of near-fault ground motions,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 1099–1131, 2003.
- J. F. Hall, T. H. Heaton, M. W. Halling, and D. J. Wald, “Near-source ground motion and its effects on flexible buildings,” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 569–605, 1995.
- T. Imai, “P- and S-wave velocities of the ground in Japan,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, pp. 257–260, Tokyo, Japan, 1977.
- Y. Ohta and N. Goto, “Empirical shear wave velocity equation in terms of characteristic soil indexes,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 167–187, 1978.
- T. Imai and K. Tonouchi, “Correlation of N-value with S-wave velocity and shear modulus,” in Proceedings of the 2nd European Symposium of Penetration Testing, pp. 57–72, A. A. Balkema Publishers, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1982.
- BSSC, NEHRP Recommended Seismic Provisions for New Buildings and other Structures, Building Seismic Safety Council, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington, DC, USA, 2009.
- PEER, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center, “PEER Strong Motion Database,” http://peer.berkeley.edu/smcat/.
- P. G. Somerville, “Engineering characteristics of near fault ground motion,” in Proceedings of the Seminar on Utilization of Strong Motion Data (SMIP '97), Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 1997.
- I. M. Idriss and J. I. Sun, “A Computer program for conducting equivalent linear seismic response analysis of horizontally layered soil deposits,” in Users Manual For SHAKE91, Center for Geotechnical Modeling, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Davis, Davis, Calif, USA, 1992.
- S. L. Kramer, Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1996.
- H. H. M. Hwang, H. Lin, and J. R. Huo, “Site coefficients for design of buildings in eastern United States,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 29–40, 1997.