- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 609128, 11 pages
HIV and AIDS Programmes in Zimbabwe: Implications for the Health System
Sociology Department, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
Received 18 September 2011; Accepted 25 October 2011
Academic Editor: I. Mezzaroma
Copyright © 2012 Tafadzwa Chevo and Sandra Bhatasara. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Ministy of Health and Child Welfare, The Zimbabwe Health Sector Investment Case (2010–2012): Accelerating Progress Towards the Millennium Development Goals, MoHCW, Harare, Zimbabwe, 2010.
- World Health Organization, Everybody's Business: Strengthening Health Systems to Improve Health Outcomes: WHO's Framework for Action 2007, 2008.
- Y. Kak, I. Chitsike, C. Luo, and N. Rollins, Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS Programmes, Opportunities for Africa’s Newborns 113, 2011.
- Ministry of Health and Child Welfare, PMTCT and Paediatric HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care National Plan, 2006–2010, 2006.
- Ministry of Health and Child Welfare, PMTCT Programme 2008 Annual Report, AIDS & TB Unit, 2008.
- Ministry of Health and Child Welfare, Module 9: More Efficacious ARV Prophylaxis of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), 2008.
- United Nations General Assembly Special Session, Zimbabwe Country Report on HIV and AIDS Reporting Period: January 2008 to December 2009, 2010.
- N. Oberzaucher and R. Baggaley, HIV Voluntary Counselling and Testing: A Gateway to Prevention and Care, 2002.
- Ministry of Health and Child Welfare, Towards Universal Access to HIV and AIDS Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support; The National HIV Testing and Strategic Plan 2008–2010, 2008.
- Southern African Regional Network for Equity in Health (EQUINET), ART Treatment Access and Effective Responses to HIV and AIDS–Providing new Momentum for Accessible, Effective and Sustainable Health Systems: Issues and Options Briefing December 2003, 2003.
- S. Ray and T. Kureya, Zimbabwe’s Challenge: Equity in Health Sector Responses to HIV and AIDS in Zimbabwe, EQUINET Discussion Paper Number 9, August 2003, 2003.
- W. M. El-Sadr, M. Rabkin, R. Atun, and K. M. De Cock, “Bridging the divide,” Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, vol. 57, supplement 2, 2011.
- ART Data Verification & Cohort Analysis in 22 districts, Global Fund Round 5 Zimbabwe (1–6 November, 2009).
- R. Atun and J. Bataringaya, “Building a durable response to HIV/AIDS: implications for health systems,” Journal Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, vol. 57, pp. S91–S95, 2011.
- Y. M. Dambisya, S. I. Modipa, and N. Z. Nyazema, A Review on the Impact of HIV and Programmes on Health Worker Retention, Norman Health Systems Research Group, Department of Pharmacy, University of Limpopo, Mankweng, South Africa, 2009.
- R. Levine and N. Oomman, “Global HIV/AIDS funding and health systems: Searching for the win-win,” Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, vol. 52, supplement 1, pp. S3–S5, 2009.
- UNAIDS, Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT), Technical Update, Geneva, Switzerland, 2000.
- D. L. Kodner and C. Spreeuwenberg, “Integrated care: meaning, logic, applications, and implications,” A Discussion Paper: International, 2002.
- D. K. Ekouevi, S. Karcher, and P. A. Coffie, “Strengthening health systems through HIV monitoring and evaluation in sub-saharan Africa,” Current Opinion in HIV & AIDS, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 245–250, 2011.
- D. S. Jones, M. Tshimanga, G. Woelk et al., “Increasing leadership capacity for HIV/AIDS programmes by strengthening public health epidemiology and management training in Zimbabwe,” Human Resources for Health, vol. 7, article 69, 2009.
- D. Yu, Y. Souteyrand, A. Mazuwa, M. A. Banda, J. Kaufman, and J. H. Perriëns, “Investment in HIV/AIDS programs: does it help strengthen health systems in developing countries?” Globalization and Health, vol. 4, article 8, 2008.