- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 170362, 5 pages
Synthesis of by the Flux Method
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Science and Technology, Meiji University, Kanagawa 214-8571, Japan
Received 2 July 2012; Accepted 12 August 2012
Academic Editors: A. Dias and G. M. do Nascimento
Copyright © 2012 Yuki Maruyama et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Fujishima and K. Honda, “Electrochemical photolysis of water at a semiconductor electrode,” Nature, vol. 238, no. 5358, pp. 37–38, 1972.
- A. Kudo, “Development of photocatalyst materials for water splitting,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 197–202, 2006.
- M. Takeuchi, S. Sakai, A. Ebrahimi, M. Matsuoka, and M. Anpo, “Application of highly functional Ti-oxide-based photocatalysts in clean technologies,” Topics in Catalysis, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 1651–1659, 2009.
- R. Shi, J. Lin, Y. Wang, J. Xu, and Y. Zhu, “Visible-light photocatalytic degradation of BiTaO4 photocatalyst and mechanism of photocorrosion suppression,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 14, pp. 6472–6477, 2010.
- K. Domen, J. N. Kondo, M. Hara, and T. Takata, “Photo- and mechano-catalytic overall water splitting reactions to form hydrogen and oxygen on heterogeneous catalysts,” Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1307–1331, 2000.
- S. S. Dunkle and K. S. Suslick, “Photodegradation of powder during photocatalytic reactions,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 24, pp. 10341–10345, 2009.
- B. Aurivellius, “X-ray investigations on BiNbO4, BiTaO4 and BiSbO4,” Arkiv för Kemi, vol. 3, no. 2-3, pp. 153–161, 1951.
- R. S. Roth and J. L. Waring, “Phase equilibrium relations in binary system bismuth sesquioxide-niobium pentoxide,” Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards Section A-Physics and Chemistry, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 451–463, 1962.
- B. Muktha, J. Darriet, G. Madras, and T. N. Guru Row, “Crystal structures and photocatalysis of the triclinic polymorphs of BiNbO4 and BiTaO4,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 179, no. 12, pp. 3919–3925, 2006.
- Z. Zou, J. Ye, K. Sayama, and H. Arakawa, “Photocatalytic and photophysical properties of a novel series of solid photocatalysts, BiTa1-xNbxO4 (0 ≤ x ≤ 1),” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 343, no. 3-4, pp. 303–308, 2001.
- Z. Zou and H. Arakawa, “Substitution effect of Ta5+ by Nb5+ on photocatalytic, photophysical, and structural properties of BiTa1-xNbxO4(0 ≤ x ≤ 1.0),” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1446–1454, 2002.
- Z. Zou, J. Ye, and H. Arakawa, “Photocatalytic water splitting into H2 and/or O2 under UV and visible light irradiation with a semiconductor photocatalyst,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 663–669, 2003.
- Z. Zou and H. Arakawa, “Direct water splitting into H2 and O2 under visible light irradiation with a new series of mixed oxide semiconductor photocatalysts,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 158, no. 2-3, pp. 145–162, 2003.
- C. Y. Lee, R. Macquart, Q. Zhou, and B. J. Kennedy, “Structural and spectroscopic studies of BiTa1-xNbxO4,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 174, no. 2, pp. 310–318, 2003.
- D. Chen and J. Ye, “Selective-synthesis of high-performance single-crystalline Sr2Nb2O7 nanoribbon and SrNb2O6 nanorod photocatalysts,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 2327–2333, 2009.
- D. Arney, B. Porter, B. Greve, and P. A. Maggard, “New molten-salt synthesis and photocatalytic properties of La2Ti2O2 particles,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 199, no. 2-3, pp. 230–235, 2008.
- M. A. Subramanian and J. C. Calabrese, “Crystal structure of the low temperature form of bismuth niobium oxide [α-BiNbO4],” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 523–529, 1993.
- E. M. Levin and C. L. McDaniel, “The system Bi2O3-B2O3,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 355–360, 1962.
- E. T. Keve and A. C. Skapski, “The crystal structure of triclinic β-BiNbO4,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 159–165, 1973.
- M. Wiegel, W. Middel, and G. Blasse, “Influence of ns2 ions on the luminescence of niobates and tantalates,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 981–983, 1995.