- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 748734, 6 pages
Effect of Some Manfacturing Parameters on Machining of Extruded Al-Al2O3 Composites
Department of Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Zagazig University, P.O. Box 44519, Zagazig, Egypt
Received 19 January 2012; Accepted 19 February 2012
Academic Editors: E. J. Nassar and A. O. Neto
Copyright © 2012 A. Fathy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Sahin, M. Kok, and H. Celik, “Tool wear and surface roughness of particle-reinforced aluminium alloy composites,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 128, no. 1–3, pp. 280–291, 2002.
- Y. Sahin and G. Sur, “The effect of , TiN and Ti (C,N) based CVD coatings on tool wear in machining metal matrix composites,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 179, no. 2-3, pp. 349–355, 2004.
- L. A. Looney, J. M. Monaghan, P. O'Reilly, and D. M. R. Taplin, “The turning of an Al/SiC metal-matrix composite,” Journal of Materials Processing Tech., vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 453–468, 1992.
- J. T. Lin, D. Bhattacharyya, and C. Lane, “Machinability of a silicon carbide reinforced aluminium metal matrix composite,” Wear, vol. 181–183, no. 2, pp. 883–888, 1995.
- S. S. Cho and K. Komvopoulos, “Wear mechanisms of multi-layer coated cemented carbide cutting tools,” Journal of Tribology, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 1997.
- Y. Sahin, “Preparation and some properties of SiC particle reinforced aluminium alloy composites,” Materials and Design, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 671–679, 2003.
- M. El-Gallab and M. Sklad, “Machining of Al/SiC particulate metal-matrix composites Part I: tool performance,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 83, no. 1–3, pp. 151–158, 1998.
- K. H. W. Seah, X. Li, and K. S. Lee, “The effect of applying coolant on tool wear in metal machining,” Journal of Materials Processing Tech., vol. 48, no. 1–4, pp. 495–501, 1995.
- I. Ciftci, M. Turker, and U. Seker, “Evaluation of tool wear when machining SiCp-reinforced Al-2014 alloy matrix composites,” Materials and Design, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 251–255, 2004.