- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 763048, 6 pages
Red Fluorescence in Doped , Nanocrystals Synthesized by Microwave Technique
1Department of Physics, Bhavan’s College, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400058, India
2Department of Physics, Material Research Lab, Birla College, Kalyan 421304, India
3National Institute of Science and Technology, Palur Hills, Behrampur 761008, Odisha, India
4Department of Physics, K M Agarwal College, Kalyan 421301, India
Received 18 April 2012; Accepted 5 July 2012
Academic Editors: K. S. Bartwal, B. Geng, and P. Pramanik
Copyright © 2012 S. G. Gaurkhede et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. M. Tissue, “Synthesis and luminescence of lanthanide ions in nanoscaleinsulating hosts,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 2837–2845, 1998.
- H. Song, B. Chen, B. Sun, J. Zhang, and S. Lu, “Ultraviolet light-induced spectral change in cubic nanocrystalline Y2O3:Eu3+,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 372, no. 3-4, pp. 368–372, 2003.
- M. Nishi, S. Tanabe, M. Inoue, M. Takahashi, K. Fujita, and K. Hirao, “Optical-telecommunication-band fluorescence properties of Er3+-doped YAG nanocrystals synthesized by glycothermal method,” Optical Materials, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 655–662, 2005.
- M. M. Lezhnina, H. Kaetker, and U. H. Kynast, “Synthesis and optical characterization of rare earth nanofluorides,” Optical Materials, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 264–272, 2007.
- Y. X. Pan, Q. Su, H. Xu et al., “Synthesis and red luminescence of Pr3+-doped CaTiO3 nanophosphor from polymer precursor,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 69–73, 2003.
- P. Y. Jia, J. Lin, and M. Yu, “Sol-gel deposition and luminescence properties of LiYF4:Tb3+ thin films,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 122-123, no. 1-2, pp. 134–136, 2007.
- S. Sivakumar, F. C. J. M. van Veggel, and P. S. May, “Near-infrared (NIR) to red and green up-conversion emission from silica sol-gel thin films made with La0.45Yb0.50Er0.05F3 nanoparticles, hetero-looping-enhanced energy-transfer (Hetero-LEET): a new up-conversion process,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 129, no. 3, pp. 620–625, 2007.
- J. S. Zhang, W. P. Qin, D. Zhao et al., “Spectral variations and energy transfer processes on both Er3+ ion concentration and excitation densities in Yb3+-Er3+ codoped LaF3 materials,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 122-123, no. 1-2, pp. 506–508, 2007.
- F. Evanics, P. R. Diamente, F. C. J. M. van Veggel, G. J. Stanisz, and R. S. Prosser, “Water-soluble GdF3 and GdF3/LaF3 nanoparticles-physical characterization and NMR relaxation properties,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 2499–2505, 2006.
- F. Wang, Y. Zhang, X. Fan, and M. Wang, “One-pot synthesis of chitosan/LaF3:Eu3+ nanocrystals for bio-applications,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1527–1532, 2006.
- P. R. Diamente and F. C. J. M. Van Veggel, “Water-soluble Ln3+-doped LaF3 nanoparticles: retention of strong luminescence and potential as biolabels,” Journal of Fluorescence, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 543–551, 2005.
- D. Y. Kong, Z. L. Wang, C. K. Lin, and Z. W. Quan, “Biofunctionalization of CeF3:Tb3+ nanoparticles,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 7, Article ID 075601, 2007.
- M. Bralic, N. Radic, S. Brinic, and E. Generalic, “Fluoride electrode with LaF3-membrane and simple disjoining solid-state internal contact,” Talanta, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 581–586, 2001.
- N. Miura, J. Hisamoto, N. Yamazoe, S. Kuwata, and J. Salardenne, “Solid-state oxygen sensor using sputtered LaF3 film,” Sensors and Actuators, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 301–310, 1989.
- O. V. Kudryavtseva, L. S. Garashina, K. K. Rivkina, and B. P. Sobolev, “Solubility of LnF3 in lanthanum fluoride,” Soviet Physics-Crystallography, vol. 18, p. 531, 1974.
- H. R. Zheng, X.-J. Wang, M. J. Dejneka, W. M. Yen, and R. S. Meltzer, “Up-converted emission in Pr3+-doped fluoride nanocrystals-based oxyfluoride glass ceramics,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 108, no. 1–4, pp. 395–399, 2004.
- X. J. Wang, S. H. Huang, R. Reeves et al., “Studies of the spectroscopic properties of Pr3+ doped LaF3 nanocrystals/glass,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 94-95, pp. 229–233, 2001.
- S. Tanabe, H. Hayashi, T. Hanada, and N. Onodera, “Fluorescence properties of Er3+ ions in glass ceramics containing LaF3 nanocrystals,” Optical Materials, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 343–349, 2002.
- M. J. Dejneka, “The luminescence and structure of novel transparent oxyfluoride glass-ceramics,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 239, no. 1–3, pp. 149–155, 1998.
- S. Fujihara, C. Mochizuki, and T. Kimura, “Formation of LaF3 microcrystals in sol-gel silica,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 244, no. 2, pp. 267–274, 1999.
- B. S. Zhuchkov, V. P. Tolstoy, and I. V. Murin, “Synthesis of ScF3, LaF3 nanolayers and nLaF3-mScF3 multinanolayers at the surface of silicon by successive ionic layer deposition method,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 101-103, no. 1, pp. 165–170, 1997.
- J. F. Zhou, Z. S. Wu, Z. J. Zhang, W. M. Liu, and H. X. Dang, “Study on an antiwear and extreme pressure additive of surface coated LaF3 nanoparticles in liquid paraffin,” Wear, vol. 249, no. 5-6, pp. 333–337, 2001.
- D. B. Pi, F. Wang, X. P. Fan, M. Wang, and Y. Zhang, “Luminescence behavior of Eu3+ doped LaF3 nanoparticles,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 61, no. 11-12, pp. 2455–2459, 2005.
- J. W. Stouwdam, G. A. Hebbink, J. Huskens, and F. C. J. M. Van Veggel, “Lanthanide-doped nanoparticles with excellent luminescent properties in organic media,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 15, no. 24, pp. 4604–4616, 2003.
- J. X. Meng, M. F. Zhang, and Y. L. Liu, “Hydrothermal preparation and luminescence of LaF3:Eu3+ nanoparticles,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 81–85, 2007.
- W. T. Carnall, G. L. Goodman, K. Rajnak, and R. S. Rana, “A systematic analysis of the spectra of the lanthanides doped into single crystal LaF3,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 3443–3457, 1989.
- Y. F. Liu, W. Chen, S. Wang, A. G. Joly, S. Westcott, and B. K. Woo, “X-ray luminescence of LaF3:Tb3+ and LaF3:Ce3+,Tb3+ water-soluble nanoparticles,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 103, no. 6, Article ID 063105, 2008.
- F. Wang, Y. Zhang, X. Fan, and M. Wang, “Facile synthesis of water-soluble LaF3:Ln3+ nanocrystals,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1031–1034, 2006.
- J. Wang, J. Hu, D. Tang, X. Liu, and Z. Zhen, “Oleic acid (OA)-modified LaF3:Er,Yb nanocrystals and their polymer hybrid materials for potential optical-amplification applications,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 16, pp. 1597–1601, 2007.
- X. Wang, J. Zhuang, Q. Peng, and Y. Li, “Hydrothermal synthesis of rare-earth fluoride nanocrystals,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 17, pp. 6661–6665, 2006.
- H. Guo, T. Zhang, Y. Qiao, L. Zhao, and Z. Li, “Ionic liquid-based approach to monodisperse luminescent LaF3:Ce,Tb nanodiskettes: synthesis, structural and photoluminescent properties,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1913–1919, 2010.
- C. Kai, G. Chao, P. Bo, and W. Wei, “The influence of SiO2 shell on fluorescent properties of LaF3:Nd3+ /SiO2 core/shell nanoparticles,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2010, Article ID 238792, 5 pages, 2010.
- K. Binnemans and C. Görller-Walrand, “On the color of the trivalent lanthanide ions,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 235, pp. 163–174, 1995.
- L. Van Pieterson, R. T. Wegh, A. Meijerink, and M. F. Reid, “Emission spectra and trends for 4fn-1 5d ↔ 4fn transitions of lanthanide ions: experiment and theory,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 115, no. 20, pp. 9382–9392, 2001.
- S. K. Kurtz and T. T. Perry, “A powder technique for the evaluation of nonlinear optical materials,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 3798–3813, 1968.