- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 231302, 11 pages
Conductivity and Complex Electrical Formalism of the Iron-Doped PbLaTiO3 Ferroelectric Relaxor
Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Appliquée, Département de Physique, Faculté des Sciences-DM, 30 000 Fès, Morocco
Received 17 December 2012; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editors: D. Chicot, M. Martino, A. O. Neto, D. Sands, and H. Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Lhaj Hachemi Omari and Salaheddine Sayouri. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Zhang, P. Wu, L. Lu, and C. Shu, “Electronic properties of A-site substituted lead zirconate titanate: density functional calculations,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, Article ID 125102, 2007.
- C. H. Ahn, J. M. Triscone, and J. Mannhart, “Electric field effect in correlated oxide systems,” Nature, vol. 424, no. 6952, pp. 1015–1018, 2003.
- C. Chandler, C. Roger, and M. H. Smith, “Chemical aspects of solution routes to perovskite-phase mixed-metal oxides from metal-organic precursors,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 1205–1241, 1993.
- G. Sheng, J. X. Zhang, Y. L. Li et al., “Domain stability of PbTiO3 thin films under anisotropic misfit strains: phase-field simulations,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 5, Article ID 054105, 2008.
- S. Sen, R. N. P. Choudhary, A. Tarafdar, and P. Pramanik, “Impedance spectroscopy study of strontium modified lead zirconate titanate ceramics,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 99, no. 12, Article ID 124114, 2006.
- V. R. Palkar, J. John, and R. Pinto, “Observation of saturated polarization and dielectric anomaly in magnetoelectric BiFeO3 thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 9, p. 1628, 2002.
- P. Venkateswarlu, A. Laha, and S. B. Krupanidhi, “AC properties of laser ablated La-modified lead titanate thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 474, no. 1-2, pp. 1–9, 2005.
- L. H. Omari, S. Sayouri, T. Lamcharfi, and L. Hajji, “Study of the dielectric behaviour of PLFT ceramics,” Physical Chemistry News, vol. 64, pp. 6–11, 2012.
- A. Shukla, R. N. P. Choudhary, and A. K. Thakur, “Effect of Mn4+ substitution on thermal, structural, dielectric and impedance properties of lead titanate,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 745–755, 2009.
- D. K. Pradhan, B. K. Samantray, and R. N. P. Choudhary, “Complex impedance studies on a layered perovskite ceramic oxide—NaNdTiO4,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 7–13, 2005.
- O. Raymonds, R. Font, J. Portelles, and J. M. Siqueiros, “Frequency-temperature response of ferroelectromagnetic Pb(Fe1/2Nb1/2)O3 ceramics obtained by different precursors—part II: impedance spectroscopy characterization,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 8, Article ID 084108, 8 pages, 2005.
- D. C. Sinclair and A. R. West, “Impedance and modulus spectroscopy of semiconducting BaTiO3 showing positive temperature coefficient of resistance,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 66, no. 8, p. 3850, 1989.
- L. H. Omari, Materials science and industrials processes [Doctoral thesis], Faculty of Science Dhar Mahraz, Fès, Morocco, 2009.
- M. Kumar and K. L. Yadav, “Study of dielectric, magnetic, ferroelectric and magnetoelectric properties in the PbMnxTi1−xO3 system at room temperature,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 19, no. 24, Article ID 242202, 2007.
- L. H. Omari, S. Sayouri, T. Lamcharfi et al., “Comportement magnétoélectrique dans les céramiques PbTiO3 dopées au Fe et/ou La,” Journal of Catalysis and Materials Environment, vol. 7, pp. 405–409, 2009.
- L. H. Omari and S. Sayouri, Élaboration et Caractérisation de Céramique PbLaFeTiO3, Editions Universitaires Européennes, 2011.
- B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-Ray Diffraction, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1978.
- H. P. Klung and L. B. Alexander, X-Ray Diffraction Procedures, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- J. K. Lee, K. S. Hong, C. K. Kim, and S. E. Park, “Phase transitions and dielectric properties in A-site ion substituted (Na1/2Bi1/2)TiO3 ceramics (A=Pb and Sr),” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, no. 7, p. 4538, 2002.
- B. K. Barick, R. N. P. Choudhary, and D. K. Pradhan, “Phase transition and electrical properties of lanthanum-modified sodium bismuth titanate,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 132, no. 2-3, pp. 1007–1014, 2012.
- S. Yun, J. Shi, and X. Qian, “Defect-dipole-induced two important macroscopic effects: the dielectric relaxation and the ferroelectric aging in hybrid-doped (Ba,Ca)TiO3 ceramics,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 487–494, 2012.
- I. A. Santos and J. A. Eiras, “Phenomenological description of the diffuse phase transition in ferroelectrics,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 13, no. 50, pp. 11733–11740, 2001.
- M. Kellati, S. Sayouri, N. El Moudden, M. Elaatmani, A. Kaal, and M. Taibi, “Structural and dielectric properties of La-doped lead titanate ceramics,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 867–872, 2004.
- M. Kellati, N. El Moudden, A. Kaal, A. Elghazouali, and S. Sayouri, “Preparation and characterization of sol-gel derived La-doped PbTiO3 ceramics,” Annales de Chimie: Science des Materiaux, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2002.
- K. Limame, M. Kellati, and S. Sayouri, “Relaxation and transport mechanisms in (Pb.79La.21Ti.95)O3 ceramic,” Moroccan Journal of Condensed Matter, vol. 6, no. 1, 2005.
- J. d. L. S. Guerra, M. H. Lente, and J. A. Eiras, “Microwave dielectric dispersion process in perovskite ferroelectric systems,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, Article ID 102905, 3 pages, 2006.
- S. K. Rout, A. Hussian, J. S. Lee, I. W. Kim, and S. I. Woo, “Impedance spectroscopy and morphology of SrBi4Ti4O15 ceramics prepared by soft chemical method,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 477, no. 1-2, pp. 706–711, 2009.
- S. Anwar, P. R. Sagdeo, and N. P. Lalla, “Ferroelectric relaxor behavior in hafnium doped barium-titanate ceramic,” Solid State Communications, vol. 138, no. 7, pp. 331–336, 2006.
- N. Vittayakorn, G. Rujijanagul, X. Tan, M. A. Marquardt, and D. P. Cann, “The morphotropic phase boundary and dielectric properties of the xPb(Zr1/2Ti1/2)O3-(1−x)Pb(Ni1/3Nb2/3)O3 perovskite solid solution,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 9, pp. 5103–5110, 2004.
- H. T. Martirena and J. C. Burfoot, “Grain-size and pressure effects on the dielectric and piezoelectric properties of hot-pressed PZT-5,” Ferroelectrics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 151–152, 1974.
- V. M. Gurevich, Electric Conductivity of Ferroelectrics, Moskva, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- S. Miga and K. Wojcik, “Investigation of the diffuse phase transition in PLZT X/65/35 ceramics, ,” Ferroelectrics, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 167–173, 1987.
- W. D. Kingery, Introduction to Ceramics, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- V. M. Gurevich, Electrical Conductivity of Ferroelectrics, Moskva, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- E. J. Abram, D. C. Sinclair, and A. R. West, “A strategy for analysis and modelling of impedance spectroscopy data of electroceramics: doped lanthanum gallate,” Journal of Electroceramics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 165–177, 2003.
- W. Cao and R. Gerhardt, “Calculation of various relaxation times and conductivity for a single dielectric relaxation process,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 42, no. 3-4, pp. 213–221, 1990.
- R. Gerhardt, “Impedance and dielectric spectroscopy revisited: distinguishing localized relaxation from long-range conductivity,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 1491–1506, 1994.
- M. Tomozawa, J. Cordaro, and M. Singh, “Low frequency dielectric relaxation from complex impedance and complex electric ‘modulus’,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1945–1951, 1979.
- A. R. James, S. Priya, K. Uchino, and K. Srinivas, “Dielectric spectroscopy of Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-PbTiO3 single crystals,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 3504–3508, 2001.
- I. M. Hodge, M. D. Ingram, and A. R. West, “Impedance and modulus spectroscopy of polycrystalline solid electrolytes,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry and Interfacial Electrochemistry, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 125–143, 1976.
- A. Molak, M. Paluch, S. Pawlus, J. Klimontko, Z. Ujma, and I. Gruszka, “Electric modulus approach to the analysis of electric relaxation in highly conducting (Na0.75Bi0.25)(Mn0.25Nb0.75)O3 ceramics,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1450–1460, 2005.
- J. T. C. Irvine, D. C. Sinclair, and A. R. West, “Electroceramics: characterization by impedance spectroscopy,” Advanced Materials, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 132–138, 1990.
- M. A. Alim, “Admittance-frequency response in zinc oxide varistor ceramics,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 28–32, 1989.
- B. Behera, P. Nayak, and R. N. P. Choudhary, “Impedance spectroscopy study of NaBa2V5O15 ceramic,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 436, no. 1-2, pp. 226–232, 2007.
- J. Maier, “Defect chemistry and ion transport in nanostructured materials—part II: aspects of nanoionics,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 157, no. 1–4, pp. 327–334, 2003.
- R. Bharati, R. A. Singh, and B. M. Wanklyn, “On electrical transport in CoWO4 single crystals,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 775–779, 1981.
- M. A. L. Nobre and S. J. Lanfredi, “Phase transition in sodium lithium niobate polycrystal: an overview based on impedance spectroscopy,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 1999–2006, 2001.
- A. R. West, D. C. Sinclair, and N. Hirose, “Characterization of electrical materials, especially ferroelectrics, by impedance spectroscopy,” Journal of Electroceramics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 65–71, 1997.
- W. D. Kingery, H. K. Bowen, and D. R. Uhlmann, Introduction to Ceramics, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- A. S. Nowick and B. S. Berry, An Elastic Relaxation in Crystalline Solids, chapter 2, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972.