- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 726121, 5 pages
Polymer Composites Based on Plasticized PVC and Vulcanized Nitrile Rubber Waste Powder for Irrigation Pipes
National R&D Institute for Textile and Leather, Leather and Footwear Research Institute, 93 Ion Minulescu Street,
031215 Bucharest, Romania
Received 19 June 2013; Accepted 18 July 2013
Academic Editors: V. Contini, Y. X. Gan, and V. Ji
Copyright © 2013 Maria Daniela Stelescu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Tipanna and D. D. Kale, “Composites of waste, ground rubber particles and poly(vinyl chloride),” Rubber Chemistry and Technology, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 815–819, 1997.
- G. P. Goncharuk, M. I. Knunyants, O. A. Serenko, and A. N. Kryuchkov, “Mechanical properties of modified thermoplastic elastomers based on low-density polyethylene and rubber powder,” Polymer Recycling, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 161–164, 2000.
- D. Zuga and C. Cincu, “Polymer composites by reclaiming rubber wastes resulting from finishing the rubberized rolls used in printing industry,” UPB Scientific Bulletin Series B, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 2006.
- D. Zuga and C. Cincu, “Use of cured butadiene styrene rubber powder in preparing polymer composites,” Leather and Footwear Journal, vol. 3, pp. 22–26, 2005.
- M. D. Zuga, C. Cincu, and L. Alexandrescu, “Polymer composites based on rubber powder and low density polyethylene,” Leather and Footwear Journal, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 14–17, 2005.
- Y. A. Vetkin, G. M. Goncharow, and M. O. Shilov, “Reological properties of polyetylene based composites containing rubber crumbs,” International Polymer Science and Technology, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 79–80, 1998.
- D. Zuga, V. Bratulescu, C. Gaidau, and C. Cincu, “Use of nitrile rubber wastes in making fatty matter-resistant boots, III IC Light Industry—fibrous materials,” in Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference on Light Industry—Fibrous Materials, K. Smiechowski, Ed., pp. 156–161, Radom, 2005.
- W. V. Titow, PVC Technology, ch 2, Elsevier Applied Science Publishers, 4th edition, 1984.
- D. Braun and E. Bezdadea, “Encyclopedia of PVC,” L. I. Nass and C. A. Heiberger, Eds., Ch 1, 1986.
- V. L. D. C. Lapa, L. L. Y. Visconte, J. E. D. S. Affonso, and R. C. R. Nunes, “Aluminum hydroxide and carbon black filled NBR/PVC composites—vulcanization and processability studies,” Polymer Testing, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 443–447, 2002.
- J. Thormer, H. Bertram, O. Benn, and H. Hurrnik, “Use of zinc salts of mercaptobenzimid azole and dithiophosphoric acid esters for the preparation on nitrile rubber/poly(vinyl chloride) mixture,” U.S. Patent, no. 4, pp. 435–532, 1984.
- J. I. Kim, S. H. Ryu, and Y. W. Chang, “Mechanical and dynamic mechanical properties of waste rubber powder/HDPE composite,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 77, pp. 2595–2602, 2000.
- O. A. Serenko, G. P. Goncharuk, M. Y. Vdovin, and A. N. Kryuchkov, “Influence of injection moulding parameters on the properties of rubber-plastic composites,” International Polymer Science and Technology, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 54–57, 1998.
- M. D. Zuga and M. D. Berechet, “Polymeric composites based on rubber powder obtained from vulcanized rubber wastes and low density polyethylene,” in Proceedings of the The 18th Session of Scientific Communications of “Petru Poni” Molecular Chemistry Institute, Progresses in the Science of Organic and Macromolecular Compounds, Iasi Academy, Iaşi, Romania, October 2004.