- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 361962, 11 pages
Seismic Behaviour of Exterior Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Joints in High Performance Concrete Using Metakaolin and Partial Replacement with Quarry Dust
1Department of Civil Engineering, Karpagam University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641 402, India
2Department of Civil Engineering, R.V.S. College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641 021, India
Received 15 November 2013; Accepted 5 February 2014; Published 7 April 2014
Academic Editors: J. Foct and H. Yoshihara
Copyright © 2014 G. R. Vijay shankar and D. Suji. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Anthony and B. S. Wolanski, Flexural Behaviour of Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Beams Using Finite Element Analysis, Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis, USA, 2004.
- Patrick lucien minnaugh, The Experimental Behaviour of Steel Fibre Reinforced Polymer Retrofit Measures, University of Pittsburgh, 2006.
- J. N. Arlekar and C. V. R. Murty, “Future directions for capacity design of welded beam-to-column connections in steel seismic moment resisting frames,” Structural Engineer, vol. 83, no. 13, pp. 36–41, 2005.
- L. Kutzing and G. König, Design Principle For Steel Fibre reinForced Concrete—A Fracture Mechanics Approach, Lacer, 1999.
- N. Ganesan and P. V. Indira, “Latex modified SFRC beam-column joints subjected to cyclic loading,” Indian Concrete Journal, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 416–420, 2000.
- S. R. Uma and M. Prasad, Seismic Behaviour of Beam Column Joints in Reinforced Concrete Moment Resisting Frames, IITK-GSDMA-EQ31-Volume1.0, IITK-GSDMA project on building codes.
- S. R. Uma and S. K. Jain, “Seismic design of beam-column joints in RC moment resisting frames—review of codes,” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 579–597, 2006.
- F. Alameddine and M. R. Ehsani, “High-strength RC connections subjected to inelastic cyclic loading,” ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 829–850, 1991.
- M. R. Ehsani and J. K. Wight, “Exterior reinforced concrete beam-to-column connections subjected to earthquake-type loading,” Journal of the American Concrete Institute, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 492–499, 1985.
- IS 13920, 1993, Indian Standard Ductile Detailing of Reinforced Concrete Structures Subjected to Seismic Forces-Code of Practice, 1993.
- IS 1893 (Part 1), 2002, Indian Standard Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures, Part-1 General Provisions and Buildings, 2002.
- IS 456:2000, Indian Standard Plain and Reinforced Concrete Code of Practice, 2000.
- C. V. R. Murty, D. C. Rai, K. K. Bajpai, and S. K. Jain, “Effectiveness of reinforcement details in exterior reinforced concrete beam-column joints for earthquake resistance,” ACI Structural Journal, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 149–156, 2003.