- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 107846, 10 pages
Traveling Wave Solutions of a Generalized Zakharov-Kuznetsov Equation
1Taizhou Institute of Science and Technology, NanJing University of Science and Technology, Taizhou 225300, China
2Nonlinear Scientific Research Center, Faculty of Science, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
Received 19 December 2011; Accepted 4 January 2012
Academic Editors: G. Akrivis and M. Winter
Copyright © 2012 Wenbin Zhang and Jiangbo Zhou. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. E. Zakharov and E. A. Kuznetsov, “On three-dimensional solitons,” Soviet Physics, vol. 39, pp. 285–288, 1974.
- Y. S. Kivshar and D. E. Pelinovsky, “Self-focusing and transverse instabilities of solitary waves,” Physics Reports, vol. 331, no. 4, pp. 117–195, 2000.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “Nonlinear dispersive special type of the Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation ZK(n,n) with compact and noncompact structures,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 161, no. 2, pp. 577–590, 2005.
- B. K. Shivamoggi, “The Painlevé analysis of the Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation,” Physica Scripta, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 641–642, 1990.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “Exact solutions with solitons and periodic structures for the Zakharov-Kuznetsov (ZK) equation and its modified form,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 597–606, 2005.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “The extended tanh method for the Zakharov-Kuznetsov (ZK) equation, the modified ZK equation, and its generalized forms,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1039–1047, 2008.
- D. Luo, X. Wang, D. Zhu, and M. Han, Bifurcation Theory and Methods of Dynamical Systems, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 1997.
- J.-B. Li, “Exact traveling wave solutions to 2D-generalized Benney-Luke equation,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics. English Edition, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1391–1398, 2008.
- J. Zhou and L. Tian, “Solitons, peakons and periodic cusp wave solutions for the Fornberg-Whitham equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 356–363, 2010.
- J. Zhou, L. Tian, and X. Fan, “Soliton, kink and antikink solutions of a 2-component of the Degasperis-Procesi equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 2529–2536, 2010.
- C. Deng, “New exact solutions to the Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation and its generalized form,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 857–868, 2010.
- L.-H. Zhang, “Travelling wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov-Kuznetsov equation with higher-order nonlinear terms,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 208, no. 1, pp. 144–155, 2009.