- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 535061, 6 pages
An Analysis of the Flow of a Newtonian Fluid between Two Moving Parallel Plates
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Al Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University, P.O. Box 90950, Riyadh 11623, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, York Campus, Edgecomb Avenue, York, PA 17403, USA
3Department of Mathematics, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Park Road, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad 44000, Pakistan
Received 16 July 2013; Accepted 2 September 2013
Academic Editors: K. Lurie and M. Musso
Copyright © 2013 A. Zeb et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. F. Neményi, “Recent developments in inverse and semi-inverse methods in the mechanics of continua,” Advances in Applied Mechanics, vol. 2, pp. 123–151, 1951.
- R. Berker, “Integration des equations du mouvement d’un fluide visqueux incompressible,” in Handbuch der Physik, S. Flugge, Ed., vol. 2, pp. 1–384, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1963.
- H. L. Dryden, F. D. Murnaghan, and F. D. Bateman, “Report of the committee on hydrodynamics,” Bulletin National Research Council, vol. 84, pp. 155–332, 1932.
- G. B. Whitham, “The Navier-Stokes equations of motion,” in Laminar Boundary Layers, L. Rosenhead, Ed., pp. 114–162, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1963.
- H. Schlichting, Boundary-Layer Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 1968.
- C. Y. Wang, “Fluid flow due to a stretching cylinder,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 466–468, 1988.
- C. Y. Wang, “Exact solutions of the steady-state Navier-Stokes equations,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 159–177, 1991.
- S. N. Aristov and I. M. Gitman, “Viscous flow between two moving parallel disks: exact solutions and stability analysis,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 464, pp. 209–215, 2002.
- A. M. Siddiqui, M. R. Mohyuddin, T. Hayat, and S. Asghar, “Some more inverse solutions for steady flows of a second-grade fluid,” Archives of Mechanics, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 373–387, 2003.
- A. M. Siddiqui, “Some more inverse solutions of a non-newtonian fluid,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 157–163, 1990.
- A. D. Polyanin and V. F. Zaitsev, Handbook of Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2003.