- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 506863, 12 pages
Systems of Sticky Particles Governed by Burgers' Equation
Département de Mathématiques et Informatique, Faculté des Sciences, Université des Sciences et Techniques de Masuku, BP 943 Franceville, Gabon
Received 20 October 2011; Accepted 28 November 2011
Academic Editor: G. F. Torres del Castillo
Copyright © 2012 Octave Moutsinga. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Burgers, The Non-Linear Diffusion Equation, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1974.
- S. N. Gurbatov, A. N. Malakov, and A. I. Saichev, Nonlinear Random Waves and Turbulence in Nondispersive Media: Waves, Rays, Particles, Manchester University Press, 1991.
- E. Hopf, “The partial differential equation ,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 3, pp. 201–230, 1950.
- Y. Brenier and E. Grenier, “Sticky particles and scalar conservation laws,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2317–2328, 1998.
- W. E. Yu, G. Rykov, and Y. G. Sinai, “Generalized variational principles, global weak solutions and behavior with random initial data for systems of conservation laws arising in adhesion particle dynamics,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 349–380, 1996.
- S. F. Shandarin and Y. B. Zeldovich, “The large-scale structure of the universe: turbulence, intermittency, structures in a self-gravitating medium,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 185–220, 1989.
- A. Dermoune and O. Moutsinga, “Generalized variational principles,” in Séminaire de Probabilités, XXXVI, vol. 1801 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 183–193, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- O. Moutsinga, “Convex hulls, sticky particle dynamics and pressure-less gas system,” Annales Mathématiques Blaise Pascal, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 57–80, 2008.
- O. Moutsinga, “Burgers' equation and the Sticky particles model,” submitted to Journal of Mathematical Physics.
- A. F. Fillipov, “Differential equations with discontinuous right hand side,” AMS Translation Journals, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 199–231, 1964.