- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 178648, 4 pages
New Traveling Wave Solutions to the Vakhnenko-Parkes Equation
The School of Sciences, Guizhou Minzu University, Guiyang, Guizhou 550025, China
Received 12 June 2013; Accepted 29 July 2013
Academic Editors: G. Cleaver, J. Garecki, and D. Singleton
Copyright © 2013 XiaoHua Liu and Caixia He. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W.-X. Ma, T. Huang, and Y. Zhang, “A multiple exp-function method for nonlinear differential equations and its application,” Physica Scripta, vol. 82, no. 6, Article ID 065003, 2010.
- W.-X. Ma and E. Fan, “Linear superposition principle applying to Hirota bilinear equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 950–959, 2011.
- J.-H. He, “Variational iteration method—some recent results and new interpretations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 3–17, 2007.
- M. Wang, Y. Zhou, and Z. Li, “Application of a homogeneous balance method to exact solutions of nonlinear equations in mathematical physics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 216, no. 1-5, pp. 67–75, 1996.
- G. L. Lamb, Jr., “Bäcklund transformations for certain nonlinear evolution equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 15, pp. 2157–2165, 1974.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “New travelling wave solutions of different physical structures to generalized BBM equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 355, no. 4-5, pp. 358–362, 2006.
- E. V. Krishnan, “On the Itô-type coupled nonlinear wave equation,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 3753–3755, 1986.
- S. Zhang, “A generalized new auxiliary equation method and its application to the -dimensional breaking soliton equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 510–516, 2007.
- E. Yomba, “A generalized auxiliary equation method and its application to nonlinear Klein-Gordon and generalized nonlinear Camassa-Holm equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 7, pp. 1048–1060, 2008.
- F. Kangalgil and F. Ayaz, “New exact travelling wave solutions for the Ostrovsky equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 11, pp. 1831–1835, 2008.
- V. O. Vakhnenko and E. J. Parkes, “The two loop soliton solution of the Vakhnenko equation,” Nonlinearity, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1457–1464, 1998.
- L. A. Ostrovsky, “Nonlinear internal waves in a rotating ocean,” Oceanology, vol. 18, pp. 119–125, 1978.
- E. Yaşar, “New travelling wave solutions to the Ostrovsky equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 11, pp. 3191–3194, 2010.
- E. Yusufoğlu and A. Bekir, “A travelling wave solution to the Ostrovsky equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 256–260, 2007.
- R. Abazari, “Application of -expansion method to travelling wave solutions of three nonlinear evolution equation,” Computers & Fluids, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 1957–1963, 2010.
- X. Liu, W. Zhang, and Z. Li, “Application of improved -expansion method to traveling wave solutions of two nonlinear evolution equations,” Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 122–130, 2012.