- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 981010, 17 pages
The Experimental Analysis of Vibration Monitoring in System Rotor Dynamic with Validate Results Using Simulation Data
1Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kingston University, London SW15 3DW, UK
2Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, School of Aerospace and Aircraft Engineering, Kingston University, London SW15 3DW, UK
Received 12 December 2011; Accepted 19 January 2012
Academic Editor: D. Zhou
Copyright © 2012 Hisham A. H. Al-Khazali and Mohamad R. Askari. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Jimin and F. Zhi-Fang, Modal Analysis, Active, Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford, UK, 2001.
- L. Michel and F. Guy, Rotordynamics Prediction in Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2nd edition, 1998.
- S. S. Rao, Mechanical Vibrations, Prentice Hall, Singapore, 2nd edition, 2005.
- J. Chaudhry, M. Wagner, F. He, et al., “A complete rotordynamic analysis of a rotor-disc system using finite element method,” in Proceedings of the 8th IFToMM International Conference on Rotordynamics, Seoul, Korea, September 2010.
- H. Irretier, “History and development of frequency domain methods in experimental modal analysis,” Journal De Physique, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 91–100, 2002.
- I. Bucher and D. J. Ewins, “Modal analysis and testing of rotating structures,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 359, no. 1778, pp. 61–96, 2001.
- H. Irretier, “Mathematical foundations of experimental modal analysis in rotor dynamics,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 183–191, 1999.
- P. Pennacchi, N. Bachschmid, A. Vania, G. A. Zanetta, and L. Gregori, “Use of modal representation for the supporting structure in model-based fault identification of large rotating machinery: part 1—theoretical remarks,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 662–681, 2006.
- D. J. Ewins, Modal Testing:Theory and Practice, John Wiley & Sons, Exeter, UK, 1995.
- ANSYS 12 Help Menu (can be found with ANSYS 12).
- R. C. Eisenmann and R. C. Eisenmann Jr., Machinery Malfunction, Diagnosis, and Correction, Prentice Hall, 1998.
- G. T. Rocklin, J. Crowley, and H. Vold, “A Comparison of H1, H2, and HV frequency response Functions,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Modal Analysis Conference, pp. 272–278, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1985.
- M +P International, SO Analyser operating Manual.
- P. Reynolds and A. Pavic, “Structural testing series: part 7. Impulse hammer versus shaker excitation for the modal testing of building floors,” Experimental Techniques, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 39–44, 2000.
- H. D. Nelson and J. M. Mc Vaugh, “The dynamics of rotor-bearing systems using finite elements,” Journal of Engineering For Industry, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 593–600, 1976.
- Y. D. Joh and C. W. Lee, “Excitation methods and modal parameter identification in complex modal testing of rotating machinery,” Modal Analysis, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 179–203, 1993.
- A. Beley, C. Rajakumar, and P. Thieffry, Computational Methods for Rotordynamics Simulation, NAFEMS World Congress, Crete, Greece, June 2009.
- J. H. Ginsberg, Mechanical and Structural Vibration,Theory And Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- D. L. Formenti and M. H. Richardson, “Global curve fitting of frequency response measurements using the rational,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Modal Analysis Conference, pp. 390–397, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1985.