- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 262703, 9 pages
TiO2 Transparent Thin Film for Eliminating Toluene
1Advanced Material Research Centre (AMREC), SIRIM Berhad, Lot 34, Jalan Hi-Tech 2/3, Kulim Hi-Tech Park, 09000 Kulim, Kedah, Malaysia
2Institute for Environmental Management Technology, National Institute of Advanced Science and Technology (AIST), Tsukuba West, 16-1 Onogawa, Tsukuba 305-8569, Japan
3Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Narmak, Tehran, Iran
4Faculty of Science and Information Technology, Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP), Perak, Tronoh, Malaysia
Received 13 April 2012; Accepted 10 May 2012
Academic Editors: K. G. Beltsios, M. Fernández-García, and K. H. Park
Copyright © 2012 Suhaina M. Ibrahim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. P. Jones, “Indoor air quality and health,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 33, no. 28, pp. 4535–4564, 1999.
- WHO, “Indoor air quality: organic pollutants,” Report on a WHO meeting, EURO Report and Studies, 1989.
- P. Wolkoff and G. D. Nielsen, “Organic compounds in indoor air-their relevance for perceived indoor air quality?” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 35, no. 26, pp. 4407–4417, 2001.
- ATSDR, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Toxicological Profile for toluene. Atlanta, Ga, USA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, 2000.
- A. Fujishima and K. Honda, “Electrochemical photolysis of water at a semiconductor electrode,” Nature, vol. 238, no. 5358, pp. 37–38, 1972.
- C. Anderson and A. J. Bard, “An improved photocatalyst of TiO2/SiO2 prepared by a sol-gel synthesis,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 99, no. 24, pp. 9882–9885, 1995.
- P. Babelon, A. S. Dequiedt, H. Mostéfa-Sba, S. Bourgeois, P. Sibillot, and M. Sacilotti, “SEM and XPS studies of titanium dioxide thin films grown by MOCVD,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 322, no. 1-2, pp. 63–67, 1998.
- D. Mardare, M. Tasca, M. Delibas, and G. I. Rusu, “On the structural properties and optical transmittance of TiO2 r.f. sputtered thin films,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 200–206, 2000.
- F. M. Liu and T. M. Wang, “Surface and optical properties of nanocrystalline anatase titania films grown by radio frequency reactive magnetron sputtering,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 195, no. 1–4, pp. 284–290, 2002.
- J. Aarik, A. Aidla, T. Uustare, M. Ritala, and M. Leskelä, “Titanium isopropoxide as a precursor for atomic layer deposition: characterization of titanium dioxide growth process,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 161, no. 3, pp. 385–395, 2000.
- A. Bendavid, P. J. Martin, and H. Takikawa, “Deposition and modification of titanium dioxide thin films by filtered arc deposition,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 360, no. 1-2, pp. 241–249, 2000.
- T. Sumita, T. Yamaki, S. Yamamoto, and A. Miyashita, “Photo-induced surface charge separation of highly oriented TiO2 anatase and rutile thin films,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 200, no. 1–4, pp. 21–26, 2002.
- M. O. Abou-Helal and W. T. Seeber, “Preparation of TiO2 thin films by spray pyrolysis to be used as a photocatalyst,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 195, no. 1–4, pp. 53–62, 2002.
- L. Castaneda, J. C. Alonso, A. Ortiz, E. Andrade, J. M. Saniger, and J. G. Banuelos, “Spray pyrolysis deposition and characterization of titanium oxide thin films,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 938–944, 2002.
- M. C. Blount and J. L. Falconer, “Characterization of adsorbed species on TiO2 after photocatalytic oxidation of toluene,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 21–33, 2001.
- T. Noguchi, A. Fujishima, P. Sawunyama, and K. Hashimoto, “Photocatalytic degradation of gaseous formaldehyde using TiO2 film,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 32, no. 23, pp. 3831–3833, 1998.
- I. Sopyan, M. Watanabe, S. Murasawa, K. Hashimoto, and A. Fujshima, “An efficient TiO2 thin-film photocatalyst: photocatalytic properties in gas-phase acetaldehyde degradation,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 98, no. 1-2, pp. 79–86, 1996.
- Y. Xu, W. Zheng, and W. Liu, “Enhanced photocatalytic activity of supported TiO2: dispersing effect of SiO2,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 57–60, 1999.
- M. E. Zorn, D. T. Tompkins, W. Zeltner, and M. A. Anderson, “Catalytic and photocatalytic oxidation of ethylene on titania-based thin-films,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 34, no. 24, pp. 5206–5210, 2000.
- N. Negishi, S. Matsuzawa, K. Takeuchi, and P. Pichat, “Transparent micrometer-thick TiO2 films on SiO2-coated glass prepared by repeated dip-coating/calcination: characteristics and photocatalytic activities for removing acetaldehyde or toluene in air,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 15, pp. 3808–3814, 2007.
- JIS R 1701-3, “Fine ceramics (advanced ceramics, advanced technical ceramics),” in Test Method for Air Purification Performance of Photocatalytic Materials, Removal of Toluene.
- B. Menaa, M. Takahashi, Y. Tokuda, and T. Yoko, “Preparation and properties of polyphenylsiloxane-based hybrid glass films obtained from a non-aqueous coating sol via a single-step dip-coating,” Optical Materials, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 806–813, 2007.
- N. Negishi and K. Takeuchi, “Preparation of a transparent thin-film photocatalyst for elimination of VOC,” Research on Chemical Intermediates, vol. 29, no. 7–9, pp. 861–879, 2003.
- R. Akbarzadeh, S. B. Umbarkar, R. S. Sonawane, S. Takle, and M. K. Dongare, “Vanadia-titania thin films for photocatalytic degradation of formaldehyde in sunlight,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 374, no. 1-2, pp. 103–109, 2010.
- B. R. York, “New X-ray diffraction line profile function based on crystallite size and strain distributions determined from mean field theory and statistical mechanics,” in Advances in X-ray Diffraction, 1997.
- C. C. Chan, C. C. Chang, W. C. Hsu, S. K. Wang, and J. Lin, “Photocatalytic activities of Pd-loaded mesoporous TiO2 thin films,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 152, no. 2-3, pp. 492–497, 2009.