- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 137873, 4 pages
Pathophysiological Evaluation of Cerecyte Coil Embolization for Experimental Broad Neck Aneurysms
1Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minami-ku, Kangawa, Sagamihara 228, Japan
2Center for Genetic Studies of Integrated Biological Functions, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minami-ku, Kangawa, Sagamihara 228, Japan
3Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minami-ku, Kangawa, Sagamihara 228, Japan
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 23 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Di Carlo, E. A. Joosten, D. Mathieu, and G. Talamonti
Copyright © 2012 Kazuhisa Iwamoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Molyneux, R. S. Kerr, L. M. Yu et al., “International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms: a randomised comparison of effects on survival, dependency, seizures, rebleeding, subgroups, and aneurysm occlusion,” The Lancet, vol. 366, no. 9488, pp. 809–817, 2005.
- G. Guglielmi, F. Vinuela, I. Sepetka, and V. Macellari, “Electrothrombosis of saccular aneurysms via endovascular approach. Part 1: electrochemical basis, technique, and experimental results,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 1991.
- Y. Murayama, S. Tateshima, N. R. Gonzalez, and F. Vinuela, “Matrix and bioabsorbable polymeric coils accelerate healing of intracranial aneurysms: long-term experimental study,” Stroke, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 2031–2037, 2003.
- M. Bendszus and L. Solymosi, “Cerecyte coils in the treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a preliminary clinical study,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 2053–2057, 2006.
- G. Guglielmi, C. Ji, T. F. Massoud et al., “Experimental saccular aneurysms II: a new model in swine,” Neuroradiology, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 547–550, 1994.
- M. Hayakawa, Y. Murayama, G. R. Duckwiler, Y. P. Gobin, G. Guglielmi, and F. Vinuela, “Natural history of the neck remnant of a cerebral anerurysm treated with the Guglielmi detachable coil system,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 561–568, 2000.
- H. J. Cloft and D. F. Kallmes, “Aneurysm packing with hydrocoil embolic system versus platinum coils: initial clinical experience,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 60–62, 2004.
- Y. Yoshino, Y. Niimi, J. K. Song, M. Silane, and A. Berenstein, “Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms: comparative evaluation in a terminal bifurcation aneurysm model in dogs,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 101, no. 6, pp. 996–1003, 2004.
- R. G. Mason and M. S. Read, “Some species differences in fibrinolysis and blood coagulation,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 121–128, 1971.
- J. Raymond, D. Venne, S. Allas et al., “Healing mechanisms in experiental aneurysms, I. Vascular smooth muscle cells and neointima formation,” Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 7–20, 1999.