- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 491892, 6 pages
Diagnostic Value of Ultrasonography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Ulnar Neuropathy at the Elbow
1Neuroscience Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51666-14756, Iran
2Department of Radiology, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51656-65811, Iran
3Department of Community Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51656-65811, Iran
4Medical Philosophy and History Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51656-65811, Iran
Received 8 May 2012; Accepted 30 May 2012
Academic Editors: H. Aldskogius, C. Angelini, and D. Munoz
Copyright © 2012 Hormoz Ayromlou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Volpe, G. Rossato, M. Bottanelli et al., “Ultrasound evaluation of ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: correlation with electrophysiological studies,” Rheumatology, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1098–1101, 2009.
- R. Latinovic, M. C. Gulliford, and R. A. C. Hughes, “Incidence of common compressive neuropathies in primary care,” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 263–265, 2006.
- R. Beekman, L. H. Visser, and W. I. Verhagen, “Ultrasonography in ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: a critical review,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 627–635, 2011.
- M. Bordalo-Rodrigues and Z. S. Rosenberg, “MR imaging of entrapment neuropathies at the elbow,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics of North America, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 247–263, 2004.
- N. N. Keen, C. T. Chin, J. W. Engstrom, D. Saloner, and L. S. Steinbach, “Diagnosing ulnar neuropathy at the elbow using magnetic resonance neurography,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 401–407, 2012.
- G. W. Britz, D. R. Haynor, C. Kuntz et al., “Ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow: correlation of magnetic resonance imaging, clinical, electrodiagnostic, and intraoperative findings,” Neurosurgery, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 458–465, 1996.
- S. Vucic, D. J. Cordato, C. Yiannikas, R. S. Schwartz, and R. C. Shnier, “Utility of magnetic resonance imaging in diagnosing ulnar neuropathy at the elbow,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 590–595, 2006.
- M. Mondelli, G. Filippou, B. Frediani, and A. Aretini, “Ultrasonography in ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: relationships to clinical and electrophysiological findings,” Neurophysiologie Clinique, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 217–226, 2008.
- A. O. Bayrak, I. K. Bayrak, H. Turker, M. Elmali, and M. S. Nural, “Ultrasonography in patients with ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: comparison of cross-sectional area and swelling ratio with electrophysiological severity,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 661–666, 2010.
- L. Padua, I. Marjanovic, A. D. Pasquale, G. Liotta, and P. A. Tonali, “Ultrasonography in patients with ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: comparison of cross-sectional area and swelling ratio with electrophysiological severity,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 298–299, 2011.
- E. R. Wiesler, G. D. Chloros, M. S. Cartwright, H. W. Shin, and F. O. Walker, “Ultrasound in the diagnosis of ulnar neuropathy at the cubital tunnel,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 1088–1093, 2006.
- D. Jacob, V. Creteur, C. Courthaliac et al., “Sonoanatomy of the ulnar nerve in the cubital tunnel: a multicentre study by the GEL,” European Radiology, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1770–1773, 2004.
- C. M. Zaidman, M. Al-Lozi, and A. Pestronk, “Peripheral nerve size in normals and patients with polyneuropathy: an ultrasound study,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 960–966, 2009.
- M. S. Cartwright, L. V. Passmore, J. S. Yoon, M. E. Brown, J. B. Caress, and F. O. Walker, “Cross-sectional area reference values for nerve ultrasonography,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 566–571, 2008.
- J. S. Yoon, F. O. Walker, and M. S. Cartwright, “Ultrasonographic swelling ratio in the diagnosis of ulnar neuropathy at the elbow,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1231–1235, 2008.
- J. S. Yoon, F. O. Walker, and M. S. Cartwright, “Ulnar neuropathy with normal electrodiagnosis and abnormal nerve ultrasound,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 318–320, 2010.
- R. Beekman, J. P. L. van der Plas, B. M. J. Uitdehaag, R. L. L. A. Schellens, and L. H. Visser, “Clinical, electrodiagnostic, and sonograpnic studies in ulnar neuropathy at the elbow,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 202–208, 2004.
- M. Okamoto, M. Abe, H. Shirai, and N. Ueda, “Diagnostic ultrasonography of the ulnar nerve in cubital tunnel syndrome,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 499–502, 2000.
- P. Bäumer, T. Dombert, F. Staub et al., “Ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: MR neurography—nerve T2 signal increase and caliber,” Radiology, vol. 260, no. 1, pp. 199–206, 2011.
- D. B. Husarik, N. Saupe, C. W. A. Pfirrmann, B. Jost, J. Hodler, and M. Zanetti, “Elbow nerves: MR findings in 60 asymptomatic subjects—normal anatomy, variants, and pitfalls,” Radiology, vol. 252, no. 1, pp. 148–156, 2009.