- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 769262, 13 pages
Organizational Interventions concerning Palliation in Community Palliative Care Services: A Literature Study
Danish Knowledge Centre for Palliative Care, Strandboulevarden 47 B, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Received 23 March 2012; Accepted 3 May 2012
Academic Editors: K. R. Shin and T. T. Wan
Copyright © 2012 Mette Raunkiær and Helle Timm. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Department of Health , End of Life Care Strategy: Promoting High Quality Care for All Adults at the End for Life, Department of Health, London, UK, 2008.
- L. Radbruch and S. Payne, “White paper on standards and norms for hospice and palliative care in Europe: part 1,” European Journal of Palliative Care, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 278–289, 2009.
- L. Radbruch and S. Payne, “White paper on standards and norms for hospice and palliative care in Europe: part 2,” European Journal of Palliative Care, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 22–33, 2010.
- M. A. Neergaard, F. Olesen, A. B. Jensen, and J. Søndergaard, “Shared care in basic level palliative home care: organizational and interpersonal challenges,” Journal of Palliative Medicine, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 1071–1077, 2010.
- D. Morin, L. Saint-Laurent, M. P. Bresse, C. Dallaire, and L. Fillion, “The benefits of a palliative care network: a case study in Quebec, Canada,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 190–196, 2007.
- D. Goldschmidt, M. Groenvold, A. T. Johnsen, A. S. Stromgren, A. Krasnik, and L. Schmidt, “Cooperating with a palliative home-care team: expectations and evaluations of GPs and district nurses,” Palliative Medicine, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 241–250, 2005.
- K. A. Sullivan, D. McLaughlin, and F. Hasson, “Exploring district nurses'experience of a hospice at home service,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 458–466, 2005.
- H. T. Henriksen, J. Riis, and G. Leikersfeldt, “Den terminale kræftpatient i hjemmet: erfaringer fra et hospicebaseret palliativt team,” Ugeskrift for Læger, vol. 164, no. 4, article 465, 2002.
- M. Raunkiær and H. Timm, “Development of palliative care in nursing homes: evaluation of a Danish project,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 613–620, 2010.
- M. Raunkiær, “Forestillinger og erfaringer om døden på plejehjem,” Klinisk Sygepleje, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 51–61, 2010.
- D. F. Polit and C. T. Beck, Nursing Research: Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice, Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2010.
- J. Ling, “Palliative care in Irish nursing homes: the work of community clinical nurse specialists,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 314–321, 2005.
- P. M. Davidson, G. Paull, K. Introna et al., “Integrated, collaborative palliative care in heart failure: the St. George Heart Failure Service experience 1999–2002,” The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 68–75, 2004.
- A. Daley, C. Matthews, and A. Williams, “Heart failure and palliative care services working in partnership: report of a new model of care,” Palliative Medicine, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 593–601, 2006.
- J. Pooler, A. Yates, and S. Ellison, “Caring for patients dying at home from heart failure: a new way of working,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 266–271, 2007.
- K. L. Shaw, C. Clifford, K. Thomas, and H. Meehan, “Improving end-of-life care: a critical review of the Gold Standards Framework in primary care,” Palliative Medicine, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 317–329, 2010.
- S. Dawson, “Interprofessional working: communication, collaboration... perspiration!,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 502–505, 2007.
- A. Alsop, “Collaborative working in end-of-life care: developing a guide for health and social care professionals,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 120–125, 2010.
- S. Plummer and C. Hearnshaw, “Reviewing a new model for delivering short-term specialist palliative care at home,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 183–188, 2006.
- D. Brumley, J. Fisher, H. Robinson, and M. Ashby, “Improving access to clinical information in after hours community palliative care,” Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 27–32, 2006.
- N. King, K. Thomas, and D. Bell, “An out-of-hours protocol for community palliative care: practitioners'perspectives,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 277–282, 2003.
- K. Mahmood-Yousuf, D. Munday, N. King, and J. Dale, “Interprofessional relationships and communication in primary palliative care: impact of the Gold Standards Framework,” British Journal of General Practice, vol. 58, no. 549, pp. 256–263, 2008.
- D. Munday, K. Mahmood, J. Dale, and N. King, “Facilitating good process in primary palliative care: does the Gold Standards Framework enable quality performance?” Family Practice, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 486–494, 2007.
- C. Walshe, A. Caress, C. Chew-Graham, and C. Todd, “Implementation and impact of the Gold Standards Framework in community palliative care: a qualitative study of three primary care trusts,” Palliative Medicine, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 736–743, 2008.
- A. Edwards and P. Hirst, “Supporting palliative care in care homes: the way forward,” European Journal of Palliative Care, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 64–68, 2005.
- G. Fernandes, “Implementaiton of best practice in advance care planning in an “ageing in place” aged care facility,” International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare, vol. 6, pp. 270–276, 2008.
- A. Duffy and C. Woodland, “Introducing the Liverpool Care Pathway into nursing homes,” Nursing Older People, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 33–36, 2006.
- K. Mathews and J. Finch, “Using the Liverpool Care Pathway in a nursing home,” Nursing Times, vol. 102, no. 37, pp. 34–35, 2006.
- J. Watson, J. Hockley, and S. A. Murray, “Evaluating effectiveness of the CSFCH and LCP in care homes,” End of Life Care, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 42–49, 2010.
- J. Hockley, J. Watson, D. Oxenham, and S. A. Murray, “The integrated implementation of two end-of-life care tools in nursing care homes in the UK: an in-depth evaluation,” Palliative Medicine, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 828–838, 2010.
- F. Badger, C. Clifford, A. Hewison, and K. Thomas, “An evaluation of the implementation of a programme to improve end-of-life care in nursing homes,” Palliative Medicine, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 502–511, 2009.
- E. Mattila, K. Leino, E. Paavilainen, and P. Aastedt-Kurki, “Nursing intervention studies on patients and family members: a systematic literature review,” Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 611–622, 2009.
- J. Hockley and D. Clark, Eds., Palliative Care for Older People in Care Homes, Open University Press, Buckingham, UK, 2008.
- J. M. Addington-Hall and I. J. Higginson, Eds., Palliative Care for Non-Cancer Patients, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2005.
- U. M. Emilsson, “Identity and relationships: on understanding social work with older people suffering from dementia,” Journal of Social Work Practice, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 317–328, 2008.
- U. M. Emilsson, “Supervision as pedagogy and support in the Swedish eldercare—a developmental project,” Journal of Gerontological Social Work, vol. 47, no. 3-4, pp. 83–102, 2006.
- M. U. Emilsson, Handledning och lärande i äldreomsorgens vardag, Studentlitteratur, Lund, Sweden, 2004.
- D. Goldschmidt, Evaluation of palliative home care: views of patients, carers, general practitioners and district nurses [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Social Medicine & Department of Health Services Research, Insitute of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2006.