- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 569456, 4 pages
Effect of Residents’ Previous Laparoscopic Surgery Experience on Initial Robotic Suturing Experience
1Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555-0587, USA
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University School of Medicine, Bornova, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
3Department of of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Received 16 April 2012; Accepted 3 July 2012
Academic Editors: P. K. Mallmann, K. Yang, and L. C. Zeferino
Copyright © 2012 Gokhan Sami Kilic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Claerhout and J. Deprest, “Laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign diseases,” Best Practice and Research, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 357–375, 2005.
- R. W. Holloway, S. D. Patel, and S. Ahmad, “Robotic surgery in gynecology,” Scandinavian Journal of Surgery, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 96–109, 2009.
- E. J. Geller, K. M. Schuler, and J. F. Boggess, “Robotic surgical training program in gynecology: how to train residents and fellows,” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 224–229, 2011.
- N. Di Lorenzo, G. Coscarella, L. Faraci, D. Konopacki, M. Pietrantuono, and A. L. Gaspari, “Robotic systems and surgical education,” JSLS : Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 3–12, 2005.
- J. L. Ferguson, T. M. Beste, K. H. Nelson, and J. A. Daucher, “Making the transition from standard gynecologic laparoscopy to robotic laparoscopy,” JSLS: Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 326–328, 2004.
- W. R. Chitwood Jr., L. W. Nifong, W. H. H. Chapman et al., “Robotic surgical training in an academic institution,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 234, no. 4, pp. 475–486, 2001.
- V. R. Patel, A. S. Tully, R. Holmes, and J. Lindsay, “Robotic radical prostatectomy in the community setting—the learning curve and beyond: onitial 200 cases,” Journal of Urology, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 269–272, 2005.
- M. A. Talamini, S. Chapman, S. Horgan, and W. S. Melvin, “A prospective analysis of 211 robotic-assisted surgical procedures,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1521–1524, 2003.
- M. B. Bokhari, C. B. Patel, D. I. Ramos-Valadez, M. Ragupathi, and E. M. Haas, “Learning curve for robotic-assisted laparoscopic colorectal surgery,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 855–860, 2011.
- J. P. Lenihan Jr., C. Kovanda, and U. Seshadri-Kreaden, “What is the learning curve for robotic assisted gynecologic surgery?” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 589–594, 2008.
- T. N. Payne and F. R. Dauterive, “A comparison of total laparoscopic hysterectomy to robotically assisted hysterectomy: surgical outcomes in a community practice,” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 286–291, 2008.
- Y. T. Kim, S. W. Kim, and Y. W. Jung, “Robotic surgery in gynecologic field,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 886–890, 2008.
- V. Chandra, D. Nehra, R. Parent et al., “A comparison of laparoscopic and robotic assisted suturing performance by experts and novices,” Surgery, vol. 147, no. 6, pp. 830–839, 2010.
- G. S. Kilic, G. Moore, A. Elbatanony, C. Radecki, J. Y. Phelps, and M. A. Borahay, “Comparison of perioperative outcomes of total laparoscopic and robotically assisted hysterectomy for benign pathology during introduction of a robotic program,” Obstetrics and Gynecology International, vol. 2011, Article ID 683703, 8 pages, 2011.
- Y. L. Lee, G. S. Kilic, and J. Y. Phelps, “Medicolegal review of liability risks for gynecologists stemming from lack of training in robot-assisted surgery,” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 512–515, 2011.