- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 975135, 5 pages
The Prevalence of Human T-Cell lymphotropic Virus Type 1 in Pregnant Women and Their Newborns
1Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad 9137119139, Iran
2Women Health Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad 9185779613, Iran
3Microbiology and Virology Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad 9176699199, Iran
4Department of Biostatistics, Islamic Azad University, Mashhad Branch, Mashhad 9176699199, Iran
Received 27 July 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editors: D. Chen and C. Iavazzo
Copyright © 2012 A. Hamedi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. M. Folks and R. F. Khabbaz, “Retroviruses and associated disease in humans,” in Topley & WilSon's Microbiology and Microbial Infections, vol. 1 of Virology, pp. 781–803, Arnold, London, UK, 9th edition, 1998.
- G. De Thé and R. Bomford, “An HTLV-I vaccine: why, how, for whom?” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 381–386, 1993.
- B. Hal Jenson, “Human T-lymphocyte virus(1 and 2),” in Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, R. M. Kliegman, B. M. D. Stanton, J. St. Geme, N. Schor, and R. E. Behrman, Eds., vol. 1, pp. 1177–1178, Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 19th edition, 2001.
- W. A. Blattner, C. Saxinger, D. Riedel et al., “A study of HTLV-I and its associated risk factors in Trinidad and Tobago,” Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 1102–1108, 1990.
- N. Mueller, A. Okayama, S. Stuver, and N. Tachibana, “Findings from the Miyazaki Cohort study,” Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes and Human Retrovirology, vol. 13, supplement 1, pp. S2–S7, 1996.
- K. Kinoshita, S. Hino, and T. Amagasaki, “Demonstration of adult T-cell leukemia virus antigen in milk from three sero-positive mothers,” Gann, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 103–105, 1984.
- M. Ikeda, R. Fujino, and T. Matsui, “A new agglutination test for serum antibodies to adult T-cell leukemia virus,” Gann, vol. 75, no. 10, pp. 845–848, 1984.
- S. Z. Wiktor, S. S. Alexander, G. M. Shaw et al., “Distinguishing between HTLV-I and HTLV-II by western blot,” Lancet, vol. 335, no. 8704, p. 1533, 1990.
- M. Mirsadraee, M. R. Kalantari, A. Saffari, and M. Mahmoudi, “Association of HTLV1 infection and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 15–18, 2007.
- W. J. Miley, K. Suryanarayana, A. Manns et al., “Real-time polymerase chain reaction assay for HTLV type I DNA viral load cell-associated,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 665–675, 2000.
- J. C. Forbi and A. B. Odetunde, “Human T-cell lymphotropic virus in a population of pregnant women and commercial sex workers in South Western Nigeria,” African Health Sciences, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 129–132, 2007.
- T. Magalhães, A. C. Mota-Miranda, L. C. Alcantara, V. Olavarria, B. Galvão-Castro, and M. F. Rios-Grassi, “Phylogenetic and molecular analysis of HTLV-1 isolates from a medium sized town in northern of Brazil: tracing a common origin of the virus from the most endemic city in the country,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 80, no. 11, pp. 2040–2045, 2008.
- K. Verdonck, E. González, S. Van Dooren, A. M. Vandamme, G. Vanham, and E. Gotuzzo, “Human T-lymphotropic virus 1: recent knowledge about an ancient infection,” Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 266–281, 2007.
- M. R. Hedayati-Moghaddam, F. Fathimoghadam, I. Eftekharzadeh Mashhadi, L. Soghandi, and H. R. Bidkhori, “Epidemiology of HTLV-1 in Neyshabour, Northeast of Iran,” Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 424–427, 2011.
- H. Rafatpanah, M. R. Hedayati-Moghaddam, F. Fathimoghadam et al., “High prevalence of HTLV-I infection in Mashhad, Northeast Iran: a population-based seroepidemiology survey,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 172–176, 2011.
- S. Katamine, R. Moriuchi, T. Yamamoto et al., “HTLV-1 proviral DNA in umbilical cord blood of babies born to carrier mothers,” Lancet, vol. 343, no. 8909, pp. 1326–1327, 1994.
- P. N. Nyambi, Y. Ville, J. Louwagie et al., “Mother-to-child transmission of human T-cell lymphotropic virus types I and II (HTLV-I/II) in Gabon: a prospective follow-up of 4 years,” Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes and Human Retrovirology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 187–192, 1996.
- G. Carles, P. Tortevoye, P. Tuppin et al., “HTLV1 infection and pregnancy,” Journal de Gynecologie Obstetrique et Biologie de la Reproduction, vol. 33, no. 1, part 1, pp. 14–20, 2004.
- A. L. Bittencourt, E. C. Sabino, M. C. Costa, C. Pedroso, and L. Moreira, “No evidence of vertical transmission of HTLV-I in bottle-fed children,” Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 63–65, 2002.
- T. Oki, M. Yoshinaga, H. Otsuka, K. Miyata, S. Sonoda, and Y. Nagata, “A sero-epidemiological study on mother-to-child transmission of HTLV-I in southern Kyushu, Japan.,” Asia-Oceania Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 371–377, 1992.
- “Human retrovirus,” in Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Disease, R. D. Feigin, J. D. Cherry, S. Kaplan, and G. Demmler, Eds., pp. 2589–2595, 6th edition.
- A. Kazi, H. Miyata, T. Kamahora, K. Kurokawa, S. Katamine, and S. Hino, “Deleted HTLV-1 provirus in cord-blood samples of babies born to HTLV-1-carrier mothers,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 701–704, 1998.