- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 763782, 5 pages
Assessment of Bony Pelvis and Vaginally Assisted Deliveries
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kuopio University Hospital, P.O. Box 100, 70029 KYS, Finland
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, North-Carelian Central Hospital, Tikkamäentie 16, 80210 Joensuu, Finland
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Iisalmi Hospital, Riistakatu 21, 74100 Iisalmi, Finland
Received 21 February 2013; Accepted 18 March 2013
Academic Editors: H. Lashen, G. Madsen, and A. Martin-Hidalgo
Copyright © 2013 Ulla Korhonen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Maharaj, “Assessing cephalopelvic disproportion: back to the basics,” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 387–395, 2010.
- E. A. Friedman, “Pelvimetry by magnetic resonance imaging as a diagnostic tool to evaluate dystocia,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 90, no. 4, part 1, p. 641, 1997.
- R. C. Pattinson, “Pelvimetry for fetal cephalic presentations at term,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 2, Article ID CD000161, 2000.
- S. Liu, R. M. Liston, K. S. Joseph, et al., “Maternal mortality and severe morbidity associated with low-risk planned cesarean delivery versus planned vaginal delivery at term,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 176, no. 4, pp. 455–460, 2007.
- G. Rozen, A. M. Ugoni, and P. M. Sheehan, “A new perspective on VBAC: a retrospective cohort study,” Women and Birth, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 3–9, 2011.
- R. Faranesh and R. Salim, “Labor progress among women attempting a trial of labor after cesarean. Do they have their own rules?” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 1386–1392, 2011.
- J. R. Wax, “Maternal request cesarean versus planned spontaneous vaginal delivery: maternal morbidity and short term outcomes,” Seminars in Perinatology, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 247–252, 2006.
- M. R. Altman and M. T. Lydon-Rochelle, “Prolonged second stage of labor and risk of adverse maternal and perinatal outcomes: a systematic review,” Birth, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 315–322, 2006.
- S. Spörri, W. Hänggi, A. Braghetti, P. Vock, and H. Schneider, “Pelvimetry by magnetic resonance imaging as a diagnostic tool to evaluate dystocia,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 902–908, 1997.
- U. Korhonen, R. Solja, J. Laitinenc, S. Heinonen, and P. Taipalea, “MR pelvimetry measurements, analysis of inter- and intra-observer variation,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. e56–e61, 2010.
- M. A. Morgan, G. R. Thurnau, and J. I. Fishburne Jr., “The fetal-pelvic index as an indicator of fetal-pelvic disproportion: a preliminary report,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 155, no. 3, pp. 608–613, 1986.
- C. E. Metz, “Receiver operating characteristic analysis: a tool for the quantitative evaluation of observer performance and imaging systems,” Journal of the American College of Radiology, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 413–422, 2006.
- W. R. K. Wasef, “An audit of trial of labour after previous caesarean section,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 380–381, 2000.
- C. Athukorala, P. Middleton, and C. A. Crowther, “Intrapartum interventions for preventing shoulder dystocia,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 4, Article ID CD005543, 2006.