- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 760653, 8 pages
Utility of Nuclear Morphometry in Predicting Grades of Diffusely Infiltrating Gliomas
Department of Pathology, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra 411040, India
Received 15 May 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editors: M. Amichetti, M. Santarosa, and N. Sharma-Walia
Copyright © 2013 Dibyajyoti Boruah and Prabal Deb. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Bondy, M. E. Scheurer, B. Malmer et al., “Brain tumor epidemiology: consensus from the brain tumor epidemiology consortium,” Cancer, vol. 113, no. 7, pp. 1953–1968, 2008.
- H. Ohgaki, P. Dessen, B. Jourde et al., “Genetic pathways to glioblastoma: a population-based study,” Cancer Research, vol. 64, no. 19, pp. 6892–6899, 2004.
- G. T. Deans, P. W. Hamilton, P. C. H. Watt et al., “Morphometric analysis of colorectal cancer,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 450–456, 1993.
- P. Jalava, P. Kronqvist, B. Smrzova, L. Juntti-Patinen, T. Kuopio, and Y. U. I. Collan, “Nuclear volume and breast cancer prognosis,” Anticancer Research, vol. 21, no. 1 B, pp. 727–732, 2001.
- P. Deb, D. Boruah, and V. Dutta, “Morphometric study of microvessels in primary CNS tumors and its correlation with tumor types and grade,” Microvascular Research, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 34–43, 2012.
- E. Moro-Rodríguez, J. Figols, M. Alvira, J. A. Uranga-Ocio, and E. García-Poblete, “GFAP and alpha1a-AR staining and nuclear morphometry of oligodendrogliomas by confocal microscopy and image analysis: useful parameters for predicting survival in oligodendrogliomas,” Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 3, supplement 1, article S26, 2008.
- E. G. Kararizou, P. T. Davaki, R. G. Davou, and D. Vassilopoulos, “Morphometric assessments for the prognostic evaluation of human gliomas,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 203–204, 2011.
- Y. Yoshii, A. Saito, and T. Nose, “Nuclear morphometry and DNA densitometry of human gliomas by image analysis,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1995.
- S. Noy, E. Vlodavsky, G. Klorin et al., “Computerized morphometry as an aid in distinguishing recurrent versus nonrecurrent meningiomas,” Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 141–150, 2011.
- A. Pennella, C. Ferri, T. Lettini et al., “Atypical meningioma: morphometrical analysis of nuclear pleomorphism,” Pathologica, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2000.
- G. Serio, A. Caniglia, C. Ferri et al., “Recurring intracranial meningiomas. Morphometrical evaluation of nuclear pleomorphism by S.A.M. (shape analytical morphometry) system,” Bollettino della Società Italiana di Biologia Sperimentale, vol. 72, no. 5-6, pp. 147–153, 1996.
- I. Niedermayer, H. Kolles, and W. Feiden, “Histologic and morphometric grading of gliomas: a comparative survival analysis,” Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 301–310, 1997.
- D. N. Louis, H. Ohgaki, O. D. Wiestler, and W. K. Cavenee, Eds., WHO Classification of Tumors of Central Nervous System, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 4th edition.