- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 687365, 7 pages
Magnitude and Implications of Interfraction Variations in Organ Doses during High Dose Rate Brachytherapy of Cervix Cancer: A CT Based Planning Study
Department of Radiotherapy, Regional Cancer Centre, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Received 6 November 2013; Accepted 26 November 2013; Published 3 February 2014
Academic Editors: G. E. Kim and L.-M. Sun
Copyright © 2014 Santam Chakraborty et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Nag, B. Erickson, B. Thomadsen, C. Orton, J. D. Demanes, and D. Petereit, “The American Brachytherapy Society recommendations for high-dose-rate brachytherapy for carcinoma of the cervix,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 201–211, 2000.
- R. Y. Kim, J. T. Meyer, W. E. Plott et al., “Major geometric variations between multiple high-dose-rate applications of brachytherapy in cancer of the cervix: frequency and types of variation,” Radiology, vol. 195, no. 2, pp. 419–422, 1995.
- R. R. Rutten, A. A. Lawyer, and P. Berner, “Dose variation due to differences in applicator placement used for intracavitary brachytherapy of cervical cancer,” Medical Dosimetry, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 57–63, 1998.
- H. T. Pham, Y. Chen, E. Rouby, R. A. Lustig, and P. E. Wallner, “Changes in high-dose-rate tandem and ovoid applicator positions during treatment in an unfixed brachytherapy system,” Radiology, vol. 206, no. 2, pp. 525–531, 1998.
- J. Huerta Bahena, A. Martinez, D. Yan et al., “Spatial reproducibility of the ring and tandem high-dose rate cervix applicator,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 13–19, 1998.
- N. R. Datta, S. Kumar, K. J. M. Das, C. M. Pandey, S. Halder, and S. Ayyagari, “Variations of intracavitary applicator geometry during multiple HDR brachytherapy insertions in carcinoma cervix and its influence on reporting as per ICRU report 38,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2001.
- N. D. Jones, J. Rankin, and D. K. Gaffney, “Is simulation necessary for each high-dose-rate tandem and ovoid insertion in carcinoma of the cervix?” Brachytherapy, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 120–124, 2004.
- M. Garipağaoğlu, N. Tunçel, M. G. Dalmaz et al., “Changes in applicator positions and dose distribution between high dose rate brachytherapy fractions in cervix carcinoma patients receiving definitive radiotherapy,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 79, no. 942, pp. 504–509, 2006.
- C. Ebruli, A. N. Demiral, R. Çetingöz, F. Eyiler, and M. Kinay, “The variability of applicator position among high dose rate intracavitary brachytherapy applications in cervical cancer patients treated with ring & tandem applicators,” Tumori, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 432–438, 2007.
- T. P. Hellebust, K. Tanderup, E. S. Bergstrand, B. H. Knutsen, J. Røislien, and D. R. Olsen, “Reconstruction of a ring applicator using CT imaging: impact of the reconstruction method and applicator orientation,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 52, no. 16, article 012, pp. 4893–4904, 2007.
- R. Pötter, C. Haie-Meder, E. Van Limbergen et al., “Recommendations from gynaecological (GYN) GEC ESTRO working group (II): concepts and terms in 3D image-based treatment planning in cervix cancer brachytherapy—3D dose volume parameters and aspects of 3D image-based anatomy, radiation physics, radiobiology,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 67–77, 2006.
- F. D. Patel, B. Rai, I. Mallick, and S. C. Sharma, “High-dose-rate brachytherapy in uterine cervical carcinoma,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 125–130, 2005.
- M. T. M. Davidson, J. Yuen, D. P. D'Souza, and D. L. Batchelar, “Image-guided cervix high-dose-rate brachytherapy treatment planning: does custom computed tomography planning for each insertion provide better conformal avoidance of organs at risk?” Brachytherapy, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 37–42, 2008.
- C. Kirisits, S. Lang, J. Dimopoulos, K. Oechs, D. Georg, and R. Pötter, “Uncertainties when using only one MRI-based treatment plan for subsequent high-dose-rate tandem and ring applications in brachytherapy of cervix cancer,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 269–275, 2006.
- A. Polo, F. Cattani, A. Vavassori et al., “MR and CT image fusion for postimplant analysis in permanent prostate seed implants,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1572–1579, 2004.
- R. Pötter, C. Kirisits, E. F. Fidarova et al., “Present status and future of high-precision image guided adaptive brachytherapy for cervix carcinoma,” Acta Oncologica, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 1325–1336, 2008.
- L. Xiong, A. Viswanathan, A. J. Stewart et al., “Deformable structure registration of bladder through surface mapping,” Medical Physics, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1848–1856, 2006.