- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 218541, 4 pages
Embedding N × N Crossbar Switches into ILLIAC(N, N − 1) Torus Networks for Optical Interconnection Networks
Graduate School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Akita University, 1-1 Tegata Gakuen, Akita 010-8502, Japan
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. D. Hoogerland and G. Montemezzani
Copyright © 2012 P. Selin and H. Obara. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. S. Hinton, “Photonic switching fabrics,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 71–89, 1990.
- W. Kabacinski, Nonblocking Electrical and Photonic Switching Fabrics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- J. E. Midwinter, “Photonic switching technology: component characteristics versus network requirements,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 1512–1519, 1988.
- W. H. Kautz, K. N. Levitt, and A. Waksman, “Cellular interconnection arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 443–451, 1968.
- C. J. Smyth, “Nonblocking photonic switch networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 1052–1062, 1988.
- H. Obara, “Reduced crossbar switch with minimum number of switching cells,” Electronics Letters, vol. 44, no. 14, pp. 888–889, 2008.
- G. H. Barnes, R. M. Brown, M. Kato, D. J. Daniel, L. Slotnick, and R. A. Stokes, “The ILLIAC IV Computer,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 746–757, 1968.