- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 647849, 5 pages
Colorful Polymer Compositions with Dyed Graphene Oxide Nanosheets
1Institute of Problems of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences, Chernogolovka, Moscow 142432, Russia
2Instituto Politécnico Nacional, ESFM, UPALM, Avenida IPN, Edif. 9, 07738 Mexico City, DF, Mexico
3Department of Physics, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Received 23 November 2011; Accepted 26 December 2011
Academic Editors: L. Shah and A. Tervonen
Copyright © 2012 Y. M. Shulga et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. C. Brodie, “Sur le poids atomique du graphite,” Annales de Chimie et de Physique, vol. 59, pp. 466–472, 1860.
- R. Yazami and P. Touzain, “Lithium—graphite oxide cells Part III: effect of origin and oxidation of graphite on batteries performances,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 12, no. 1-2, pp. 499–503, 1985.
- M. Mermoux, R. Yazami, and P. Touzain, “Lithium-graphitic oxide cells part IV: influence of electrolyte and cathode composition,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 20, no. 1-2, pp. 105–110, 1987.
- T. Cassagneau and J. H. Fendler, “High density rechargeable lithium-ion batteries self-assembled from graphite oxide nanoplatelets and polyelectrolytes,” Advanced Materials, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 877–881, 1998.
- T. Hwa, E. Kokufuta, and T. Tanaka, “Conformation of graphite oxide membranes in solution,” Physical Review A, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. R2235–R2238, 1991.
- X. Wen, C. W. Garland, T. Hwa et al., “Crumpled and collapsed conformations in graphite oxide membranes,” Nature, vol. 355, no. 6359, pp. 426–428, 1992.
- F. F. Abraham and M. Goulian, “Diffraction from polymerized membranes: flat vs. crumpled,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 19, pp. 293–296, 1992.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electric field in atomically thin carbon films,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 666–669, 2004.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Two-dimensional gas of massless Dirac fermions in graphene,” Nature, vol. 438, no. 7065, pp. 197–200, 2005.
- A. K. Geim and K. S. Novoselov, “The rise of graphene,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 183–191, 2007.
- M. Hirata, T. Gotou, S. Horiuchi, M. Fujiwara, and M. Ohba, “Thin-film particles of graphite oxide 1: high-yield synthesis and flexibility of the particles,” Carbon, vol. 42, no. 14, pp. 2929–2937, 2004.
- M. Hirata, T. Gotou, and M. Ohba, “Thin-film particles of graphite oxide. 2: preliminary studies for internal micro fabrication of single particle and carbonaceous electronic circuits,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 503–510, 2005.
- T. Szabó, A. Szeri, and I. Dékány, “Composite graphitic nanolayers prepared by self-assembly between finely dispersed graphite oxide and a cationic polymer,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 87–94, 2005.
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, R. D. Piner et al., “Synthesis of graphene-based nanosheets via chemical reduction of exfoliated graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1558–1565, 2007.
- J. R. Lomeda, C. D. Doyle, D. V. Kosynkin, W. F. Hwang, and J. M. Tour, “Diazonium functionalization of surfactant-wrapped chemically converted graphene sheets,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 48, pp. 16201–16206, 2008.
- V. C. Tung, M. J. Allen, Y. Yang, and R. B. Kaner, “High-throughput solution processing of large-scale graphene,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 25–29, 2009.
- R. Y. N. Gengler, K. Spyrou, and P. Rudolf, “A roadmap to high quality chemically prepared Graphene,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 43, no. 37, Article ID 374015, 19 pages, 2010.
- W. S. Hummers and R. E. Offeman, “Preparation of graphitic oxide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 6, p. 1339, 1958.
- V. E. Muradyan, M. G. Ezerskaya, V. I. Smirnova, et al., “Transformation of graphite oxide at conditions of ionic hydration,” Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 12, pp. 2626–2629, 1991.
- Y. Si and E. T. Samulski, “Synthesis of water soluble graphene,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1679–1682, 2008.
- H. K. Jeong, Y. P. Lee, M. H. Jin, E. S. Kim, J. J. Bae, and Y. H. Lee, “Thermal stability of graphite oxide,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 470, no. 4–6, pp. 255–258, 2009.
- L. J. Cote, R. Cruz-Silva, and J. Huang, “Flash reduction and patterning of graphite oxide and its polymer composite,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 31, pp. 11027–11032, 2009.
- Y. M. Shulga, V. M. Martynenko, V. E. Muradyan, S. A. Baskakov, V. A. Smirnov, and G. L. Gutsev, “Gaseous products of thermo- and photo-reduction of graphite oxide,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 498, no. 4–6, pp. 287–291, 2010.
- H. C. Schniepp, J. L. Li, M. J. McAllister et al., “Functionalized single graphene sheets derived from splitting graphite oxide,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 17, pp. 8535–8539, 2006.
- X. Sun, Z. Liu, K. Welsher, et al., “Nano-graphene oxide for cellular imaging and drug delivery,” Nano Research, vol. 1, pp. 203–212, 2008.
- M. J. Hudson, F. R. Hunter-Fujita, J. W. Peckett, and P. M. Smith, “Electrochemically prepared colloidal, oxidised graphite,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 301–305, 1997.
- S. Stankovich, R. D. Piner, X. Chen, N. Wu, S. T. Nguyen, and R. S. Ruoff, “Stable aqueous dispersions of graphitic nanoplatelets via the reduction of exfoliated graphite oxide in the presence of poly(sodium 4-styrenesulfonate),” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 155–158, 2006.
- B. W. Reed and M. Sarikaya, “Electronic properties of carbon nanotubes by transmission electron energy-loss spectroscopy,” Physical Review B, vol. 64, no. 19, Article ID 195404, 13 pages, 2001.
- S. Attal, R. Thiruvengadathan, and O. Regev, “Determination of the concentration of single-walled carbon nanotubes in aqueous dispersions using UV-visible absorption spectroscopy,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 23, pp. 8098–8104, 2006.
- D. Li, M. B. Müller, S. Gilje, R. B. Kaner, and G. G. Wallace, “Processable aqueous dispersions of graphene nanosheets,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101–105, 2008.
- V. A. Smirnov, A. A. Arbuzov, Yu. M. Shul'ga et al., “Photoreduction of graphite oxide,” High Energy Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 57–61, 2011.