- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 745871, 6 pages
Probability Densities for Fluorescent Photons Emitted by a Two-State Atom Driven by a Laser
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Mississippi State University, P.O. Drawer 5167, Mississippi State, MS 39762-5167, USA
Received 20 September 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editors: J. M. Girkin, D. Poitras, and M. Potasek
Copyright © 2012 Robertsen A. Riehle and Henk F. Arnoldus. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. J. Glauber, “Optical coherence and photon statistics,” in Quantum Optics and Electronics, C. DeWitt, A. Blandin, and C. Cohen-Tannoudji, Eds., pp. 65–185, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- P. L. Kelley and W. H. Kleiner, “Theory of electromagnetic field measurement and photoelectron counting,” Physical Review, vol. 136, no. 2A, pp. A316–A334, 1964.
- R. Loudon, The Quantum Theory of Light, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 1983.
- R. L. Stratonovich, Topics in the Theory of Random Noise, vol. 1, chapter 6, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 1963.
- N. G. van Kampen, Stochastic Processes in Physics and Chemistry, chapter 2, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 3rd edition, 2007.
- G. S. Agarwal, “Time factorization of the higher-order intensity correlation functions in the theory of resonance fluorescence,” Physical Review A, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 814–816, 1977.
- D. Lenstra, “Photon-number statistics in resonance fluorescence,” Physical Review A, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 3369–3377, 1982.
- H. J. Kimble, M. Dagenais, and L. Mandel, “Photon antibunching in resonance fluorescence,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 691–695, 1977.
- M. Dagenais and L. Mandel, “Investigation of two-time correlations in photon emissions from a single atom,” Physical Review A, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 2217–2228, 1978.
- F. Diedrich and H. Walther, “Nonclassical radiation of a single stored ion,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 203–206, 1987.
- D. F. Walls and G. J. Milburn, Quantum Optics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1994, p. 221.
- H. F. Arnoldus and R. A. Riehle, “Waiting times, probabilities and the Q factor of fluorescent photons,” Journal of Modern Optics, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 1002–1015, 2012.
- H. F. Arnoldus and G. Nienhuis, “Photon statistics of fluorescence radiation,” Optica Acta, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 691–702, 1986.
- G. B. Arfken and H. J. Weber, Mathematical Methods for Physicists, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif., USA, 4th edition, 1995.
- H. F. Arnoldus and R. A. Riehle, “Conditional probability densities for photon emission in resonance fluorescence,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, pp. 2584–2587, 2012.