- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Organic Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 208284, 8 pages
Synthesis of Macrocyclic Bis-Hydrazone and Their Use in Metal Cations Extraction
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Damascus, Damascus, Syria
Received 9 October 2011; Accepted 30 October 2011
Academic Editor: G. Li
Copyright © 2012 Farouk Kandil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Cornelissen, J. H. Van Diemen, L. R. Groeneveld, J. G. Haasnoot, A. L. Spek, and J. Reedijk, “Synthesis and properties of isostructural transition-metal (copper, nickel, cobalt, and iron) compounds with 7,,8,-tetracyanoquinodimethanide(1-) in an unusual monodentate coordination mode. Crystal structure of bis(3,5-bis(pyridin-2-yl)-4-amino-1,2,4-triazole)bis(7,,8,- tetracyanoquinodimethanido)copper(II),” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 198–202, 1992.
- N. Nawar, M. A. Khattab, and N. M. Hosny, “Some metal(II) complexes of o-aminoacetophenone benzoylhydrazone (AABH): their preparation, characterization and antimicrobial activity,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1365–1384, 1999.
- M.-D. Gui, R.-H. Zhang, H. Yan, H.-M. Wang, X.-B. Chen, and S.-J. Zhu, “Synthesis and magnetic and catalytic properties of manganous isonicotinoyl hydrazone complexes,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1381–1391, 1998.
- Z. H. Chohan and A. Rauf, “Some biologically active mixed ligand complexes of Co(II), Cu(II) and Ni(II) with ONO, NNO and SNO donor nicotinoylhydrazine-derived ligands,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 591–604, 1996.
- S. K. Agarwal, J. Jain, and S. Chand, “Synthetic and antimicrobial studies of hexacoordinated ternary complexes of Mn(II) and Cu(II),” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 489–492, 2002.
- X. Zhu, C. Wang, W. Dong et al., “Synthesis, structure, and biological activities of the O,O′-diethylphosphorohydrazonothionate ligand and complexes with nickel(II), copper(II), and zinc(II),” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 475–487, 2002.
- K. A. El-Manakhly, H. A. Bayoumi, M. M. Ezz Eldin, and H. A. Hammad, “Physicochemical and antimicrobial studies of some metal complexes,” Journal of the Indian Chemical Society, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 63–64, 1999.
- K. P. Deepa, K. K. Aravindakshan, and F. Suhara, “Synthesis, characterization and antifungal studies of metal, complexes of benzoyl- and salicylylhydrazones of N-methylacetoacetanilide,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 513–523, 2001.
- A. K. Panda, D. C. Dash, P. Mishra, and H. Mohanty, “Metallo ligands: part V—homo and bimetallic trinuclear complexes of copper(II), nickel(II) and cobalt(II) with 1,8-di-(2′-hydroxy-phenyl)-4,5-diphenyl-2,3,6,7-tetrazaoctan-1,3,5,7- tetraene,” Indian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 848–851, 1996.
- M. F. Iskander, L. El-Sayed, N. M. H. Salem, W. Haase, H. J. Linder, and S. Foro, “Synthesis, characterization and magnetochemical studies of some copper(II) complexes derived from n-salicylidene-n-alkanoylhydrazins: X-Ray crystal and molecular structure of bis [monochloro-(μ-n-salicylidenemyristoylhydrazine) ono(-1)] dicopper(II),” Polyhedron, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2004.
- C. Li, L. Wang, X. Meng, and H. Zhao, “Synthesis, characterization and antitumor activity of benzaldehyde nitrogen mustard picolinoyl hydrazone complexes,” Transition Metal Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 206–209, 1999.
- G. P. Pokhariyal, B. Lal, and V. K. Rastogi, “Synthesis, spectral and thermal studies of some divalent metal complexes with 8-acetyl-7-hydroxy-4-methyl coumarrin oxime-hdrazone,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 541–543, 1997.
- F. Bouyagui Tamboura, P. Marcel Haba, M. Gaye, A. Salam Sall, A. Hamady Barry, and T. Jouini, “Structural studies of bis-(2,6-diacetylpyridine-bis-(phenylhydrazone)) and X-ray structure of its Y(III), Pr(III), Sm(III) and Er(III) complex,” Polyhedron, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1191–1197, 2004.
- Y. Inoue, T. Kanbara, and T. Yamamoto, “Preparation of a new receptor for anions, macrocyclic polythiolactam—structure and high anion-binding ability,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 44, no. 28, pp. 5167–5169, 2003.
- P. G. Avaji, C. H. Vinod Kumar, S. A. Patil, K. N. Shivananda, and C. Nagaraju, “Synthesis, spectral characterization, in-vitro microbiological evaluation and cytotoxic activities of novel macrocyclic bis hydrazone,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 3552–3559, 2009.
- A. A. A. Emara, B. A. El-Sayed, and E. S. A. E. Ahmed, “Syntheses, spectroscopic characterization and thermal behavior on novel binuclear transition metal complexes of hydrazones derived from 4,6-diacetylresorcinol and oxalyldihydrazine,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part A, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 757–769, 2008.
- A. A. A. Emara and A. A. A. Abou-Hussen, “Spectroscopic studies of bimetallic complexes derived from tridentate or tetradentate Schiff bases of some di- and tri-valent transition metals,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part A, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 1010–1024, 2006.
- H. S. Seleem, A. A. Emara, and M. Shebl, “The relationship between ligand structures and their CoII and NiII complexes: synthesis and characterization of novel dimeric CoII/CoIII complexes of bis(thiosemicarbazone),” Journal of Coordination Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 1003–1019, 2005.
- M. Otomo and I. Nakayama, “Solvent extraction and spectrophotometric determination of palladium(II) with some nitrogen-containing heterocyclic hydrazones in the presence of chloride ions,” Microchemical Journal, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 75–81, 1980.
- T. Odashima and H. Ishii, “Synthesis and properties of hydrazones from 3- and/or 5-nitro-2-pyridylhydrazine and heterocyclic aldehydes, characterization of their complexes and extraction-spectrophotometric determination of traces of nickel with 2-pyridinecarbaldehyde 3,5-dinitro-2-pyridylhydrazone,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 277, no. 1, pp. 79–88, 1993.
- M. Robert, X. S. Francis, and J. David, Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- L. Donald, M. Pavia Gary, and S. Lampman, Introduction to Spectroscopy, Thomson Learning, 3rd edition, 2001.
- E. Pretsch, P. Buhlmann, and C. Affolter, Structure Determination of Organic Compounds, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 3rd edition, 2001.
- D. P. Singh, R. Kumar, and J. Singh, “Synthesis and spectroscopic studies of biologically active compounds derived from oxalyldihydrazide and benzil, and their Cr(III), Fe(III) and Mn(III) complexes,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1731–1736, 2009.
- S. Chandra and A. K. Sharma, “Nickel(II) and copper(II) complexes with Schiff base ligand 2,6-diacetylpyridine bis(carbohydrazone): synthesis and IR, mass, 1H NMR, electronic and EPR spectral studies,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part A, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 851–857, 2009.
- M. Popovic, “Multinuclear NMR studies of alkali ions in nonaqueous solvents,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 101–110, 1979.
- B. Ziyadanoǧullari, G. Topal, S. Erdoǧan, C. Hamamci, and H. Hoşgoren, “Effect of structural modifications of diaza-18-crown-6 on the extractability and selectivity of univalent metal picrates,” Talanta, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1083–1087, 2001.