- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Organic Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 242569, 6 pages
ZnO Catalyzed Efficient Synthesis of Some New 2-Substituted-4,6-diarylpyrimidines
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mody Institute of Technology & Science, Lakshmangarh 332311, Rajasthan, India
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editors: G. Gattuso, J. Ishihara, J. L. Jios, and J.-P. Praly
Copyright © 2012 K. L. Ameta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Domling and I. Ugi, “Multicomponent reactions with isocyanides,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 39, pp. 3168–3210, 2000.
- L. Yu, B. Chen, and X. Huang, “Multicomponent reactions of allenes, diaryl diselenides, and nucleophiles in the presence of iodosobenzene diacetate: direct synthesis of 3-functionalized-2-arylselenyl substituted allyl derivatives,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 925–927, 2007.
- J. Zhu and H. Bienayme, Multicomponent Reactions Wiley-VCH, 2005.
- R. A. Sheldon and J. Dakka, “Heterogeneous catalytic oxidations in the manufacture of fine chemicals,” Catalysis Today, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 215–246, 1994.
- R. A. Sheldon and R. S. Downing, “Heterogeneous catalytic transformations for environmentally friendly production,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 189, no. 2, pp. 163–183, 1999.
- K. Tanabe, Solid Acids and Bases, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- J. C. Trivedi, J. B. Bariwal, K. D. Upadhyay et al., “Improved and rapid synthesis of new coumarinyl chalcone derivatives and their antiviral activity,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 48, no. 48, pp. 8472–8474, 2007.
- M. Chen, S. B. Christensen, L. Zhai et al., “The novel oxygenated chalcone, 2,4-dimethoxy-4'-butoxychalcone, exhibits potent activity against human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum in vitro and rodent parasites Plasmodium berghei and Plasmodium yoelii in vivo,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 176, no. 5, pp. 1327–1333, 1997.
- T. Narender, K. Shweta, R. M. Tanvir, S. K. Srinivasa, and S. K. Puri, “Prenylated chalcones isolated from Crotalaria genus inhibits in vitro growth of the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 2453–2455, 2005.
- X. Wu, P. Wilairat, and M. L. Go, “Antimalarial activity of ferrocenyl chalcones,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 12, no. 17, pp. 2299–2302, 2002.
- M. Liu, P. Wilairat, S. L. Croft, A. L. C. Tan, and M. L. Go, “Structure-activity relationships of antileishmanial and antimalarial chalcones,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 13, pp. 2729–2738, 2003.
- S. F. Nielsen, S. B. Christensen, G. Cruciani, A. Kharazmi, and T. Liljefors, “Antileishmaniai chalcones: statistical design, synthesis, and three- dimensional quantitative structure-activity relationship analysis,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 41, no. 24, pp. 4819–4832, 1998.
- S. A. Indyah, H. Timmerman, M. Samhoedi, S. Sastrohamidjojo, and H. Van Der Goot, “Synthesis of benzylideneacetophenones and their inhibition of lipid peroxidation,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 449–457, 2000.
- C. L. Ye, J. W. Liu, D. Z. Wei, Y. H. Lu, and F. Qian, “In vitro anti-tumor activity of 2′, 4′-dihydroxy-6′- methoxy-3′,5′-dimethylchalcone against six established human cancer cell lines,” Pharmacological Research, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 505–510, 2004.
- K. L. Ameta, N. S. Rathore, and B. Kumar, “Synthesis and in vitro anti breast cancer activity of some novel 1, 5-benzothiazepine derivatives,” Journal of Serbian Chemical Society, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 725–731, 2012.
- K. L. Ameta, B. Kumar, and N. S. Rathore, “Microwave induced improved synthesis of some novel substituted 1, 3-diarylpropenones and their antimicrobial activity,” E-Journal of Chemistry, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 665–671, 2011.
- M. L. Irene, “Pyrimidine as constituent of natural biologically active compounds,” Chemistry and Biodiversity, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–50, 2005.
- T. A. Naik and K. H. Chikhalia, “Studies on synthesis of pyrimidine derivatives and their pharmacological evaluation,” European Journal of Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 60–66, 2007.
- K. L. Ameta, N. S. Rathore, and B. Kumar, “Synthesis of some novel chalcones and their facile one-pot conversion to 2-aminobenzene-1, 3-dicarbonitriles using malononitrile,” Analele Universitatii Bucuresti Chimie, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2011.
- P. Sharma, K. F. Hussain, S. Sukhwal, S. Kothari, M. Singhal, and B. L. Verma, “A convenient one-pot synthesis of 2-substituted-4,6-diaryl pyrimidines,” Indian Journal of Chemistry B, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 966–968, 1999.
- S. Kothari, R. Vyas, and B. L. Verma, “A facile one pot conversion of 3′,5′-dibromo-4′-hydroxy substituted chalcones to pyrimidine derivatives and their antibacterial and herbicidal activity,” Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 285–288, 1999.
- U. S. Gahlot, S. S. Rao, S. S. Dulawat, K. L. Ameta, and B. L. Verma, “A facile one-pot microwave assisted conversion of 3′-5′- dibromo/diiodo-4′-hydroxy substituted chalcones to 2-substituted-4,6- diaryl pyrimidines using S-benzylisothiouronium chloride (SBT) and their antibacterial activities,” Afinidad, vol. 60, no. 508, pp. 558–562, 2003.
- M. Kidwai, S. Rastogi, and S. Saxena, “Base catalysed pyrimidine synthesisusing microwave,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1575–1578, 2003.
- P. Shiv, M. V. S. Sharma, A. K. Suryanarayana, A. S. Nigam, A. S. Chauhan, and L. N. S. Tomar, “[PANI/ZnO] composite: catalyst for solvent-free selective oxidation of sulfides,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 905–912, 2009.
- K. L. Ameta, B. Kumar, and N. S. Rathore, “Facile synthesis of some novel 2-substituted-4, 6-diarylpyrimidines using 4′-hydroxy-3′, 5′-dinitrochalcones and S-benzylthiouronium chloride,” Organic Communication, vol. 5, pp. 1–11, 2012.